Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing/Camping/Partying trip 20th July - 29th July

Options
  • 30-05-2007 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

If you're looking for something to do in July and fancy a cheap holiday and enjoy camping/surfing/partying then come join us on our road trip from Clare to Cork!

This is a camping trip that started out as just a few mates wanting to get away for a few days to relax and let loose, but now as the group has grown, we've decided to extend the invitation to randoms :p It's definitely something different, and shall be great craic whether there be tornado's or if it's an absolute scorcher of a week :cool: Basically what we're hoping it to be is a mini travelling festival, with lots of people chilling out and partying!

All that we ask is that people respect the land that we camp on, and to tidy the area after themselves.

If you want more details just leave me a message and I'll pass them on!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

this sounds good in theory, and would be interested but id imagine a large convoy of randomers surfing and partying would attract the wrong attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

I gate crashed something like that in Lahinch last year. I took a photo of a load of guys around a camp fire staring at the "No Camping, No Fires" sign. There were a lot of gardai but I don't remember any trouble. There was a real "friday night before a festival" feel to it. It was nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Surfing_Smurf

Neon, I can understand your concern but life's all about taking risks if you don't try it you'll never know! Anyhow if things go pear shaped all anyone has to do is pack up and leave! Well the planning is coming along great I've just spent the wknd camping at the Rory Gallagher festival and rounded up a hell of a lot of randoms for it, and that was a wknd of madness but the good sort!

Shane I like you're thinking, it's more of that sort of adventure that we need in this wonderful world, and I'm sure if guards happen to land on the scene we can charm the pants of them! :D

Anyways guys if ye are interested just let me know and I can give you an address to a bebo page I've set up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Sounds like good fun, pm me the address :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 seamunkey

Only after a little camping myself at RockAMRing in Germany, I wont wash the gear yet so :eek:
    Pm the address, :D I'll stick it in the diary
    Cheers

• Advertisement

Okay so you've sold it to me, ill drag up the college crew aswell :D Pm the bebo page :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cu_Ifrinn

Where are ye heading in nd around the Cork Clare area? There's a huge surfer's buzz down Ballinspittle/Garretstown/Garrylucas beaches way... there's even a hostel there and it's really popular with surfers! Oh and the festival down there is on around the same time as your trip...could be fun.

Cheers Cu Ifrinn, I guess we may just head there!

Now Neon, you see that's the type of gentle persuasion and charm that'll get anyone out of any unwanted trouble!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Pinochio

That sounds like a really cool idea, me and some of my mates were hoping to go on a bit of a camping/surfing trip somewhere round the country for a few days in the summer, we're always up for a bit of out of the ordinary so camping with a bunch of strangers sounds pretty good! :D Any chance you can pm me the address?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Pinochio

Hey Surfing Smurf, that sounds like a really good idea. Me and some of my mates were hoping to get on a bit of a camping/surfing trip round Ireland during the summer, we're always up for something a bit out of the ordinary and what better than camping with a bunch of strangers! :D

Any chance you can pm me the bebo?

P.S. Sorry if this posts twice, just tried to post a reply and the internet went a bit funny!

• Advertisement

Yeah sure, it's on it's way! I've also set up a MySpace and Facebook page for it so if anyone wants the details just let me know :o

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭You Suck!

This sounds like a bit of fun alright, it would be great if you could forward me on the bebo page surfing smurf. Hopefully, if nothing else is on, id be on for it, and id say a friend or two from galway might be up for it as well.

Cheers :)

For those of you who don't know, there has now been a slight change!

The camping trip has been postponed from today until Monday 23rd July!

If anymore randoms wanna join just message me and I'll send the Bebo, Facebook or Myspace address :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

Just a tip - July is almost always the flattest time of the year...better off waiting until late August for next year.

Yeah, you're prob right, that's it, trip's off til Oct! Ah well I'm bringin my dingy, that'll keep me entertained!!

It's basically an excuse for a session anyways! So you coming then? ;)

ryana cork will be firing tomorrow any chance we can do the trip the other way round, lol.

It looks like it may have to be that way alright, we'll just head for Clare for the wknd for the session then!! ;)

oh my god i just surfed my tits of in tramore, lol, 3 - 4 foot, clean as a whistle, if you dont believe me check the surf report www.tramoresurfshop.com.

surfing smurf has decided due to people travelling etc we meet in lahinch tonight.

Anyone know if theres anything in dougy??? theres half foot in lahinch right now.

haha i met Surfing_Smurf, she's such a scream, and her two mates too, some good session on the beach in lahinch last night and i even got a night time surf in (well kinda, it was getting dark)

really scarey thing happened too, there was a guy eaten by a seal, no not really but a seal popped up beside me and wehad a staring contest, i swear to god.

I really wish i could stay for rest of trip, anyone join up today after i left?

Advertisement