Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being accused of cheating in 2142

Options
  • 30-05-2007 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just a word.

How do people feel about be accused of cheating whilst playing 2142. I would consider myself a fairly proficient sniper in 2142. Having played mainly as a sniper since the early days of Battlefield you can imagine that a person would have developed a certain level of ability. I have recently received emails for a clan member accusing me of cheating using aimbot hacking to cheat. I do realise that a lot of cheating does in fact occur within the game but as far as I'm concerned its quite annoying :mad: when people accuse others of cheating just because they themselves cannot play to the same standard.

I did reply to the mail explaining that having some skill does no equate to cheating but the person still could not accept that he was playing against a better opponent. All he would answer with was that PunkBuster would catch me if cheating occurred. To which I said that I welcomed PB and that I'd nothing to hide.

Just wondering what thoughts people have in relation to this & similar situations.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Well happend to me alot in BF:V, depending on the person what type of situation.Altho sometimes you might actually get a really nice shot on someone that you thought was impossible and he calls you a hacker you must see it from his point of view.

But if im on a server with a good kdr and people accuse me about hacking for that reason I usually just say ''thanks for the comment''.

So my main point is first see it from his point of view, and if hes just a w*nker, leave it.

Shano

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

you are gonna get players who accuse anyone better at the game then them at cheating - despite how good or bad they actually are, its part of playing games online unfortunately.

you should always respond back to a cheat accusation (after taking a screenshot of the player calling u a cheater and make a montage of it)with the words "THANKS :D"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Happens a few times, I've been kicked and banned for kicking too much ass, but what can ya do.

Usually get told I'm cheating if I'm in a Gunship.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Has happened me twice so far:
    First time was a head shot on a parachuting soldier. Pure luck. had 1 round left before reload and saw him dro pfrom teh top of a building in Berlin. Decided to let fly and it got him. Didnt take offense but personally I would think "wow, good shot" first before "HAAAAAAAAACK!!!" .

Second time was port bavaria wher I racked up 21 kills in a row defending the right hand landing bay as support. Just good placement, a sentry drone and an infantry radar. not my fault they kept landing where I was aiming :) (oh, and landing one at a time helped).

Took it as a compliment tbh.

Only ever thought one guy was cheating. Killed me 5 times in a row, as well as killing others in between with head shots from a voss on single shot. maybe he is that good though. I didnt accuse him of it because I wasnt 100% and I was jsut a tad p*ssed off. if he was a sniper I would say ok, great shot but he was running around one shotting everyone that got in his way.

Never been kicked for doing too well. :( must work on that in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

LoLth wrote:
    First time was a head shot on a parachuting soldier. Pure luck. had 1 round left before reload and saw him dro pfrom teh top of a building in Berlin.

This makes me want to have a BF1942 and DC night. Berlin was one of the most fun maps ever :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

lolth wrote:
    First time was a head shot on a parachuting soldier. Pure luck. had 1 round left before reload and saw him dro pfrom teh top of a building in Berlin. Decided to let fly and it got him. Didnt take offense but personally I would think "wow, good shot" first before "HAAAAAAAAACK!!!" .

If he was jumping off a buidling in fall of berlin he was the one bloody hacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

More of a glitch than a hack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

thats the word i ws looking for, still cheating tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

From my old counter-strike days, "You can't consider yourself good until someone accuses you of cheating".

• Registered Users Posts: 34,828 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

"Why would I need to use cheats against a crap player like you?"

Generally works for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

It was 2142 not 1942 , sorry there winters :) still a fun map though.

As for glitch/hacking , using the pods or the spawn beacon , its pretty easy to get on top of most buildings in Berlin. the one at the end of the back alley run to the first flag is a traditional sniping spot. Almost guaranteed to see three or four heads poking over the lip at any one time. Tried it once myself but it just wasnt fun.

I reckon if they wanted to stop people from landing on top of buildings they should have put a transparent steeple on top so any pods landing just slide off and dump the soldier into freefall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Winters wrote:
    This makes me want to have a BF1942 and DC night. Berlin was one of the most fun maps ever :)

berlin was an awesome map tho. So small, so much chaos. But the red army generally got held at the first flag most of the times i played it, spawn camping ftl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

I work on the prinicple of accusing every second player who kills me a hacker, going on averages I'll be correct enough times to justify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Zillah wrote:
    From my old counter-strike days, "You can't consider yourself good until someone accuses you of cheating".
    aye them were the days, i got banned at least 3 - 4 times a week for 'cheating'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Tell him to go f*ck himself tbh, if you know your clean, then dont get upset bout it. Theres always some crappy n00b out there who cant handle being beat :rolleyes:
    Macker1 wrote:
    . I have recently received emails for a clan member accusing me of cheating using aimbot hacking to cheat.

Is he a member of your clan ? or a diff one ?
    If its the same clan...i'd take it up with the clan leaders..and get him to air his opinion to them all and they'll tell him to STFU and Sit. ;)

Macker1 wrote:
    All he would answer with was that PunkBuster would catch me if cheating occurred.
    Tell him get a ticket and start waiting, cause itll be a long time before you get caught for something you dont have :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yea If I was accused of cheating and I knew I wasnt I would be pretty happy with myself :P

Say to him

"I pwn you end of."

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Macker1

DeafVision wrote:
    Yea If I was accused of cheating and I knew I wasnt I would be pretty happy with myself :P

Say to him

"I pwn you end of."

Feeling quite pleased with myself allright. My plan now is to knife the fella so as to wind him up. It appears he is a senior member of this clan and obviously doesn't like getting a beating :D

Advertisement