Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

talktalk & broadband

Options
  • 30-05-2007 10:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭

Does anyone "in the know" know if talktalk will be providing a broadband service soon??

Anytime i phone them they keep saying they'll have it soon, but its been like that for months:(

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

philstar wrote:
    Does anyone "in the know" know if talktalk will be providing a broadband service soon??

Anytime i phone them they keep saying they'll have it soon, but its been like that for months:(

Why are you so desperate to get it from them?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055091918&referrerid=&highlight=

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

dub45 wrote:
    Why are you so desperate to get it from them?

cause they're call charges are dirt cheap (esp to other talktalk users) thats why i'm reluctant to change

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

philstar wrote:
    cause they're call charges are dirt cheap (esp to other talktalk users) thats why i'm reluctant to change
    There's nothing stopping you getting BB from another provider and keeping your calls with Talk Talk.
    I haven't even heard a hint of them starting to offer BB. Even if they did I couldn't see their total package being cheaper than BT's 45 euro all-in deal and I definately can't see them doing the same offer as they did in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

They won't...Charles Dunstone was heard to remark a few months ago "Yes, I'm the idiot who thought of free broadband!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

kaizersoze wrote:
    There's nothing stopping you getting BB from another provider and keeping your calls with Talk Talk.

and who could i do that with ?? (im not in ntl area and i hear clearwire is crap)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

philstar wrote:

on http://www.aol.ie/:
    Welcome to AOL Ireland.
    As of 2007 you will be able to enjoy some of the most popular AOL products and services.
    We look forward to seeing you then.

AOL's UK operation is now owned by CPW who operate TalkTalk.

Have a mate in aol and already enquired about this with him but nothing known yet.

a case of "watch this space" I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

philstar wrote:
    and who could i do that with ?? (im not in ntl area and i hear clearwire is crap)

You can get it from eircom or any of their resellers - BT, Perlico, UTV, Imagine, Digiweb, etc.

Advertisement