Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java Problem

Options
  • 30-05-2007 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

This is probably a really dense question for this forum but I am having problems with my internet access.....if this is the wrong forum please move.

Basically we sent our computer to get fixed and he has changed all our web settings to boost security but makes it a pain to navigate.

Like in boards the drop down menus dont appear with all the relevant forums.

I cant access emails on webmail, when I pass the cursor over the mail a javascript prompt appears on the status bar.

I cant download flash player for you tube because the ActiveX settings are too harsh.

I have enabled the cookies(I think that was a step in the right direction???? but if anyone could help with the other settings I would really appreciate it

Shakeydude

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Get firefox (www.getfirefox.com) and use the default settings!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Kudos

Also, java is not short for javascript.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭shakeydude

I see said the blind man, I will give that firefox a look

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭shakeydude

I had a look at firefox, but the option to download the latest version wont appear at all. I have checked the same page on different computers and the download option appears so it must be my settings. What settings do I have to change so that I can download firefox

Advertisement