Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap phones (Chiva / V6 / ZTC) on EBay?

• 30-05-2007 11:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭

Was looking at the 'Items Ending Now' listings on EBay and came across these phones for very cheap by a seller in Hong Kong.

Any experience with them? Read through feedback and they seem to be getting good reviews (apart from instruction manual being in Chinese or whatever).

Sellers store is here and look for the Chiva / V6 / ZTC listings underneath. Seem like grand phones for around EUR45 - EUR50 including shipping.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

They look pretty good but I'd be wary of the build quality but I suppose if the thing only costs €50 and breaks after a year who cares just get a new one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

That's true...

But at about EUR50 for a quite unique phone (can't say many people will have it), i wouldn't mind if the build quality failed after a year or was lost / stolen - best of luck finding a sim-free phone for anywhere near that price!

Might give them a shot when my current phone starts to fail.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yeah they look pretty cool and as you said what are the chances that any one else will have one. When I had my samsung (can't remember the name of it but it looked like the d600) everyone thought it was cool as they hadn't seen one before. then they started selling like hot cakes and that was gone :(. As long as it lasts around a year relatively problem free it would be wprth it. Just after checking the shipping price on one of the phones and it was nearly 30 pound sterling which makes the phone a bit dearer but still relatively cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just after checking the shipping price on one of the phones and it was nearly 30 pound sterling which makes the phone a bit dearer but still relatively cheap.
    But the phone is probably 1p or something! :D

Tis always the way with EBay... you pay nothing for most items (99p) but the shipping will screw ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

I wouldnt bother as some chinese quality is REALLY bad.So whats the point in wasting money.

• Advertisement

basquille wrote:
    But the phone is probably 1p or something! :D

Tis always the way with EBay... you pay nothing for most items (99p) but the shipping will screw ya!

I'd say they'd pay you to buy the thing and then charge you a bomb for the shipping if they could :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

seen a few of them last night they chiva one looks very nice :) one thing i noticed is that they state i-mode enabled

thought that was some propriatery o2 thing or is it not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Timmins

The PDAphone with the touch screen looks fairly cool, but i'm not gonna spend 100+ euro on one of those "it might be cool.." type products to be honest

Advertisement