Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clicky Jaw

• 30-05-2007 11:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭

My jaw clicks if I open it much. I don't know why and it's not really uncomfortable but someone pointed it out to me so I'm a little self conscious now. Should I be worried about it?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Happens to me too, as if it kind of goes off centre when I open wide... I rarely think about it tbh.. Nice to know it happens to someone else tho..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭lomb

its caused by ligaments being stretched in the joint by an accident or bang to the jaw or by wear caused by time. there isnt any real treatment for it that is recognised to work without doing more harm than good to fix the problem. nothing to worry about though if it not symptomatic. hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Thanks! I Googled it a little and think it was when I had my braces the alignment of my teeth was fcuked causing a lot of strain on my jaw. Just wanted to check it wasn't something I should get checked out.

Advertisement