Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visual Arts Society

Options
  • 31-05-2007 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

I'm looking for anyone who would be interested in joining a reformed Visual Art Society to shout out - no point in reforming it if no one joins:)

I plan to have art classes in the basic areas, to begin with. If anyone has a particular medium they would like to play around with, tell me and I'll try to make it happen. I'd also appreciate people letting me know their favourite Irish artists, so that I can try to book one for a talk at some point.

I'd also like to organize some big fund-raising events - maybe a body-painting thing out by the lake one fine evening:)

Basically, any suggestions or ideas are more than welcome. I really want to get this thing off the ground in time for Fresher's Week, so all help is very much appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭inverted_world

Provided I get in to an MA course, yes, I'd certainly be interested.

I did sculpture/costume stuff a good while back, and have been trying to get into it again, but it's been almost impossible. My skills would be very rusty now, but still, I'd love to be involved.

Huzzah etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Finner

I'd love to help out! I was involved a bit last year but it didn't really get anywhere!

I'm in Italy on Erasmus until the end of June so will be back for the summer (if there'll be any meetings then) and definitely back in September.

I'm really into craft stuff like making cards and t-shirts and stuff like that so maybe I'd have a few ideas for workshops or fund raising along those lines! Let me know :)

Advertisement