Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deloitte annual report

• 31-05-2007 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭

BBC summary here

makes for some interesting reading
    Premier League wages are set to break the £1bn barrier for the first time in the competition's history, a report from Deloitte has said.

Salaries and bonuses will increase next season as a £1.7bn television deal for top-flight games comes into effect, the report says.

Deloitte's annual review of football finances showed Premier League wages rose 9% to £854m in 2005/06.
    PREMIER LEAGUE'S TOP WAGE BILLS 2005/06
    Chelsea - £114m
    Manchester Utd - £85m
    Arsenal - £83m
    Liverpool - £69m
    Newcastle Utd - £52m
    Top league revenues 05/06
    England £1.4bn
    Italy £1.0bn
    Germany £0.8bn
    Spain £0.8bn
    France £0.6bn

and an interesting little trivia - the Championship is Europes 6th biggest league in money terms :eek: wouldn't have thought that myself, but it makes sense...

i'm really surprised that Arsenal's wage bill is so much higher than pools! i thought they were meant to be a team of kids signed for half nothing. i wouldn't have though it bigger than pools this season, not since Paddy left. maybe Gallas is getting payed a fortune though...

the growth rates in English soccer are huge, you'd wonder how long it can sustain itself like this. its a wonder no one is predicting a bubble burst like in the housing market here. wonder what would heppen if it did begin to slow down, would one of the other leagues jump in and take its place or would football have reached a ceiling?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i'm really surprised that Arsenal's wage bill is so much higher than pools! i thought they were meant to be a team of kids signed for half nothing.

if terry henry leaves, the bill will be cut in half :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

if terry henry leaves, the bill will be cut in half :)
    Nay, this is for the 05/06 season so Henry had not signed his new £7m a year contract!

Pires, Cole, Campbell, Bergkamp and co more than make up for it though.

Advertisement