Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Latency on 3's Mobile broadband

• 31-05-2007 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hey lads, has anyone tried to play online games like world of warcraft, quake, warcraft III, dawn of war, etc. is the latency high or not?

I'm in Cork city, just next to the county hall, i presume it's covered by 3's network, is it?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

it would be covered but i wouldn't recommend it. i haven't tried it and people who have used it might correct me but i'd say your pings would be dreadful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Expect real world latency of between 100 and 200 milliseconds. Not unpalatable, but far from ideal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 godsent

thanks for info.. ,btw,do they have a refund policy, so if i'm not satisfied i can request a full refund

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Within 14 days, however don't get it if you think the latency will be a problem, because it is not going to work very well for online gaming, at least not for games like Quake.

Now if you only play occasionally and don't mind the lag, that's a different story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 godsent

thanks..i think i'd better go for DSL. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Does anyone actually have facts about the latency, its supposed to be suitable to VOIP which means the latency cannot be that bad. A ping test for boards.ie would be good.

Ive ordered it since it's the only option really available in my area Newtownforbes longford. I am promised the reception there is excellent which seems to be the case from their map.

I am not a massive online game player but would like to use it for things like C&C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Rockson

Here are the last 23 results of latency tests in ms from me or people using the same IP as me from speedtest.net. Normally I get between 200 and 250 when I test. If I'm lucky I might get 170 or so.

411 265 215 217 234 220 999 174 285 169 177 613 207 198 210 221`291 243 207 270 317 458 187

Advertisement