Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sport psychology

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭The C Kid

semibluff wrote: »
    this is something that id also be very interested in for a number of points - is there anyone in particular who is a stand out in their field? and are there any who can relate directly to poker, or can any competent lecturer relate it to poker with a little background?

Well for one of your points, Stox did this about a year ago. Got some pretty good responses from a number of people.

Might watch his video later.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/101/coaching-advice/mental-game-coaching-trained-professional-186797/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

yeh, as did CR afaik. Def something that would show alot of value from a monthly sign up compared to how much a personal viewing would cost (obv not as beneficial as seeing them yourself)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

The C Kid wrote: »
    Well for one of your points, Stox did this about a year ago. Got some pretty good responses from a number of people.
    Might watch his video later.
    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/101/coaching-advice/mental-game-coaching-trained-professional-186797/

Are Jared Tendler's videos any good does anyone know? He seems like a nice guy and understands psychology, but I felt he didn't really understand the true nature of tilt when himself, myself, and Malmuth were debating it some time ago because he hadn't really played much poker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭carrigeen

robinlacey wrote: »
    i just rang the guy bops recommended,he seemed very helpful but unfortunately was too busy with college related stuff to take on anyone new.

he said to email him and he'll recommend some people to me,sounds good.

that's interesting about andy black,does anyone here know him well enough to put me in contact with him,i'd be curious to ask him how he finds it,who the guy is,that sort of thing...

robin

donal macaonaghasa is a good buddy of andys i dont have his mobile on my phone for some reason if i see him him during the week ill get it and pm it on , if not hes td in cork next w/e if your playing

p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

DeadMoney wrote: »
    It's published by the same guy's that put out Pearljammer, apestyles and Rizen's tournament book. Another excellent read btw.

whats that one called?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

Didn't Stephen Collins get Tony Quinn for this sort of stuff before he beat Chris Eubanks for the world title? It seemed to psych out Eubanks.

As long as he doesn't make me do yoga :eek: I don't mind;)

nah he'd just make you give him 14 grand and go to Egypt or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

a147pro wrote: »
    whats that one called?

Its called Winning Poker Tournaments, One hand at a time Vol.1 You can only buy it online as far as I know. Its a very good read and takes the same structure as the Harrington books. Lots of hand histories from online tounaments. However, the content in the book is pretty much the same as their videos on pokerxfactor. If you are a subscriber, you won't really get much more out of the book as they are just addressing the same concepts they talk about in the videos.

Advertisement