Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Screen flickering with Vista

• 31-05-2007 9:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I upgraded my Dell 1501 laptop to Vista at the weekend. When the system goes into hibernation and I press a button to re activate the laptop, the screen flickers really badly and I have to turn off the laptop to resolve it.

Anyone else seen that happening?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Have same laptop but don't have this problem.

A) Make sure bios is up to date, a bug in S3 was fixed in relation to Vista. If you already have A09 installed then just install the driver below.

B) Install ATI Catalyst display drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

8T8 wrote:
    Have same laptop but don't have this problem.

A) Make sure bios is up to date, a bug in S3 was fixed in relation to Vista. If you already have A09 installed then just install the driver below.

B) Install ATI Catalyst display drivers.

Upgraded the BIOS last night and the ATI drivers but this is still happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Well it's either a software issue or defect with the screen. Maybe something went wrong with the upgrade I can't really say.

The best thing you could try now is to check the event logs as it will catalogues various errors and see if it matches anything to when it comes out of sleep.

Also make sure your Dell utilities & drivers are all up to date using the Vista versions available on Dell's site for your laptop.

As a last resort you could try contacting Dell tech support & see what they say.

Advertisement