Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Really good bodyshop dublin?

Options
  • 31-05-2007 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭

Ive 2 tiny jobs to get done on the car, small crack in front bumper and small scratch over rear arch.

most people wouldnt bother but car is minty and id like to have it perfect.

basically i want a really good job done but with as little painting as possible, i.e. i dont want the whole front bumper painted to fix one small scrack, also no orange peel or lacquer overspray etc

is there anyone near dublin city or southside to be trusted

im not sure on carcraft btw, some of their work can be shoddy imo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭bjmotors

louis colley repairs are very good. very professional tidy work, but pricey. i got bike panels sanded and sprayed with them and I was very happy with there work. there located in dublin 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Slimbo

Hi there,

last week i had to get a small piece of work done to my car and knew a guy that i used to work with a lot over the years.
    He is very affordable but excellent.
    he is based in walkinstown so if you want me to give you his name and number just PM me and i will pass it on.
    To be toally honest I was looking at the wrong area and didnt realise where the bump was when he finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Rico77

Hi....I wonder can you send me details of the guy in Walkinstown you were talking about. Need to get a scratch taken out of an Audi TT. I'm kinda fussy about it so I want to make sure I get a good job done on it.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Crofton Motors in Kimmage

(01)4921833

Have used them myself and have had friends use them. Nothing put praise. Very reasonable and good for the smaller jobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

Gerry McGuire & Sons, Rear of 3/5 Percy place, Dublin 2. 01 6689087 and ask for Dave.

They do all our Fleet cars with inc Merc S-class's, 5-series, Porsche etc........
    The work is always excellent and all they do is private work, non of the insurance companies rubbish. :D

Here is the link for them.

www.gerrymaguire.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Rico77

Thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

furtzy wrote: »
    Crofton Motors in Kimmage

(01)4921833

Have used them myself and have had friends use them. Nothing put praise. Very reasonable and good for the smaller jobs

I'll second that. I use Crofton on a weekly basis and they are superb. Not the cheapest, but the quality is high.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

crosstownk wrote: »
    I'll second that. I use Crofton on a weekly basis and they are superb. Not the cheapest, but the quality is high.

I'd third that.

BUT....stress that you don't want them to put a buffer near your car!

I've seen two cars (recently) come out of there with nothing but trails! They were bigger jobs then you're looking for so i don't know if they'd still do it....but better safe then sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

crosstownk wrote: »
    I use Crofton on a weekly basis

You must be one bad driver... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

testicle wrote: »
    You must be one bad driver... :D

I knew that was coming :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement