Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Men? Bra Shopping? omgz!

• 31-05-2007 10:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

So I ventured into town to buy some lingerie for the gf.

After building up the courage to float around a few lingerie departments on my own i was very annoyed when I realised the lack of choice in slightly larger bra sizes 38 DD :mad: all i could find were boring dull white or black ones looking for something a bit more saucier :D

Does anyone know anywhere that has a good selection of bra sizes for the bustier woman or even a few web sites would do the job!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

another fella here looking for fancy brs's for his better half.

size 28E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

another fella here looking for fancy brs's for his better half.

size 28E

is that 2 meant to be a 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

ntlbell wrote:

hmm I think its more likely to be wishful thinking:D Although I do know someone who is a 30 H, naturally.... so it isnt beyond the realms of possibility.

If you want larger sizes, you're better off going to places like BT, Arnotts, Clerys and theres a little shop called Bramora on Earlsfort Tce (opposite the NCH) who do nice lingerie for larger sizes. www.bramora.com
    Brands to look out for are Freya, Fantasie, Chantelle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Try www.figleaves.com, they have a section especially for DD+

http://bramora.com/index.php?blink=3&sort=3a&size_id=73

All 38 DD on this page. Some swimwear on there too.
    Are you/Is she sure thats the correct size?...

Loads of people wear too high a back and too low a cup size in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

size 28E

Is this Peter Andre? Can't Jordan get an assistant to buy her bras? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

fits wrote:
    http://bramora.com/index.php?blink=3&sort=3a&size_id=73

All 38 DD on this page. Some swimwear on there too.
    Are you/Is she sure thats the correct size?...

Loads of people wear too high a back and too low a cup size in this country.

Well I'm just basing it on her current bra's she has I didn't measure her personally :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

la senza have some lovely stuff. some of their stuff goes up to 38F, but some only to about a D cup i think.

i wish my bf would buy me some nice lingerie! or even just come into the shop with me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭tylerdylan

Marks and Spencer do that size and have some really nice ones
    all with matching bottoms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Here's an Irish site that does underwear for larger ladies: http://www.bellalusso.com/shop/index.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Bravissimo is a good website too.
    M&S can sometimes have a good range also.
    Ann Summers do stock 38DD as well if you are looking for saucier items

simu wrote:
    Here's an Irish site that does underwear for larger ladies: http://www.bellalusso.com/shop/index.php

bramora is also an Irish site ;)

bellalusso site looks great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Will keep an eye out for when they next do a fitting session, bellalusso that is

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Online? You could try Victoria's Secret (upscale) or Frederick's of Hollywood (downscale).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Bellalusso is owned by my cousin and his GF. I'll give her a call tomorrow and see if she'd be interested in organising something... Watch this space :)

In Dublin Kharn?, I try to get myself fitted every few months.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

They're based in Mayo (they have a shop in Castlebar), but with enough interest, I'm sure they might be willing to try and organise something up here.

I shall talk with and recommend they join boards, talk with that admins (because family or not, I'd hate to see anyone spamming/advertising for free) and then arrange something through here maybe. Of course, don't take my word for it, I know nothing of their business only that I *really* like their selection. I never visit this board, my gf sent me a link pointing it out to me... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

im a 34 dd,its impossible to find any nice bras if youre thin but a large cup size,I always have to order online

The annoying thing is different brands often meadifferent sizes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

ntlbell wrote:

LOL, no I am just that lucky :D

she was actually messured by a lady in Bellaluso. But finds alot of the bra's for her size are very "grannyish"

she did find some on figleaves.com (& you get a discount if you are registered with pigsback)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Figleaves or marks and spencers. M&S are very good about stocking the less-common sizes (I know, there's lots of shops that don't carry my size :( ), and their undies are quite pretty ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I was in Dunnes Stores once looking around the lingerie section as herself had said if I see something I might like on her she'd get it! Anyway looking around and I turn to see a man in his 50's pulling something out of his coat pocket! I had to watch further and he pulls a womans bra from his pocket! I just didnt know whether to to laugh or ask him did he want a hand the poor man!

Off topic I know but had to share a funny experience!

Advertisement