Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WRC Betting

• 31-05-2007 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what odds are on various teams for the world cup? i know NZ will be favourites but anyone have prices on other teams. Just curious

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭bugler

NZ - 4/9

SA - 7/1

France - 8/1

Ire - 14/1

Aus - 20/1

Eng - 33/1

Wales - 40/1

ARG - 66/1

These are the best prices - they actually vary quite wildly. Ireland are as little as 9/1 with some bookies, Australia are 12/1 with some.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

Think SA are the best bet, price wise, are their game against England last weekend showed that they are contenders. NZ are favourites every WC, but just never deliver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

SA, France, Ire, Aus and Eng all offer a good chance and good value.
    Its even possible to bet in decreasing units from SA down to Eng and have all covered, with decent return if any one of these 5 wins.

Id fancy Wales more than Eng however any one else agree?

That is assuming NZ mess it up again......

Don't think Wales have much of a chance, they are a good team but we saw this year in 6 nations that they just don't have it. Can't really see England getting there either, would include Argentina before them anyway. Australia are always going to be there or there abouts, along with SA, its the Irish, French, Argies group that will be the key to the WC this year, very hard to pick 2 from it, and then NZ have to play the runners up. If NZ have a bad game in that quarter-final then its wide open, but NZ are a class above everyone else in terms of skill, speed, defending, finishing, no one can match them when they play to their best

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

my bad, u could see what i meant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

daveirl wrote:

Taken anything on SA? I think wales at 95/1 are great value aswell. I wouldnt be too suprised if they finished ahead of Austraila and a match against england could go either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Pinetree Boy

daveirl wrote:

Davegirl- I thought you kept saying NZ would bottle it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

Davegirl- I thought you kept saying NZ would bottle it.

Laying is betting against something.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

France at 16-1 are fairly good value i think,they have a fair chance that (on their day) they'll beat new zealand in the quarters/semis.

Whats south africas side of the draw like? 6-1 on pp, Not great for an each way really.

Edit: ill wait for france to get pummelled before i bet on them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭bugler

Where can you get France at 16/1? I can't see them at anything better than 8/1 now.

It's really all there for Ireland from the off. Beat Argentina and then finally do a job on France. Whoever finishes third will be disappointed - I've a feeling it will be Argentina but they are very capable of upsetting either Ireland or France. I hope to god it's not us :-)

Advertisement