Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing Wispa Back

Options
  • 31-05-2007 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Remember Me?

wispa.jpeg

And me?

dis_wispagold_front_0801.jpg

And Me?

[IMGhttp://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/wispa-mint.jpg[/IMG]

Have you seen this Poor Imposter? Avoid at all costs!

cadbury_bubbly_200g.jpg

Help in the campaign to bring Wispa Back!

Please contact Cadburys on to express your love for bringing the Wispa back!

Dublin (01)8480000

UK 0044 121 451 4444
    (Monday - Friday: 09.00 - 17.00GMT)

Or write to

Cadbury Ireland Ltd

Coolock

Dublin 5

UK OFFICE

Consumer Relations Department
    Cadbury Trebor Bassett
    PO Box 12, Bournville
    Birmingham B30 2LU

Laura Lee, Eavann and Fiona, solving chocolate problems for chocolate lovers across the world!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Whoop! A cause worth fighting! I'm in! *throws in a couple more exclamation marks* !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

You have my support!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 LauraLeeConboy

OK! Spread the word people!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Erm.....ok...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

what about wispa mint???
    gold was the best though :)

wispa-mint.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Good call. I do not understand the logic behind the rebranding of classic Cadburys products - Dairy Milk with bubbles (Wispa), Dairy Milk with caramel (Caramel) and what's with this Cadburys Creme Egg bar lark?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Laura Lee, you realise that if they do bring them back, you'll have to justify the campaign by having at least one a day...so that, added to your Caramello fetish, makes for a lot of chocolate like...

F

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

This sounds like a job for Smith and Jones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Punchbowl

Just about to launch a campaign on my site.. Pity nobody reads it.

Punchbowl wrote:
    Just about to launch a campaign on my site.. Pity nobody reads it.

I do now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sugar tortoise

remember the limited edition coffee flavoured wispa?
    Oh I loved that. Don't think anyone else did, though.
    Like coffee roses! They rocked.
    That's a whole other thread though...;)

remember the limited edition coffee flavoured wispa?
    Oh I loved that. Don't think anyone else did, though.
    Like coffee roses! They rocked.
    That's a whole other thread though...;)

Oh my God yes! I loved that! Almost as much as I loved the limited edition 'black' mars bar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sugar tortoise

Ooohh that was also great!
    Where did that go? It's so cruel, they bring out these bars, I get addicted and then, bam! they stop making them!
    Sigh...

Roxy, I could definately eat A wispa a day..My caramello buzz doesnt exist as much anymore. Anyways back to original point! Dairy Milk bubbly is a shocking imitation! It doesnt melt the same way Wispa does.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Dairy Milk bubbly is a shocking imitation! It doesnt melt the same way Wispa does.

I wholeheartedly agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Hey Laura Lee, it seem Iggy Pop may or may not be on board with the WIspa revolution.

Scroll down to the third entry here, "the filth and the fury".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2007/diary/230607/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

there's a really weird retro chocolate and sweet shop, beside covent garden, that has CRAZY retro cadbury's bars and other things for sale. can't remember what its called (but you'll know it when you see it). i'm trying to remember some of the stuff i saw in there, honeycomb kit kats and cookie dough kitkats, and cadbury malt bars, all sorts of things you don't see in your local shop.

thedrowner wrote:
    there's a really weird retro chocolate and sweet shop, beside covent garden, that has CRAZY retro cadbury's bars and other things for sale. can't remember what its called (but you'll know it when you see it). i'm trying to remember some of the stuff i saw in there, honeycomb kit kats and cookie dough kitkats, and cadbury malt bars, all sorts of things you don't see in your local shop.

Wouldnt they be out to date?! I'd be scared to eat them in fear of being ill. But I'd do it in the name of Wispa. Oh yeah. Maybe even twice. Wispas and big dippers ice cream....they stopped making that years ago. I still feel the need to shed tears:cool: :mad: :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

i had a mint feast the other day...yummmm

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭kranog

true story...

about a year ago I was back in my mom's house at a BBQ...remember when we used to have nice weather during the summer months !!!
    Anyways...I was searching for the ice cream in the freezer....she has one of them fancy big deep freezers...it's super-massive like....
    Well...I couldn't find the ice cream and she informed me that it may be near the bottom as she got it a week earlier....so I practically emptied the freezer and what should I find on the very bottom of the freezer ???
    A deadly Cadbury's Wispa that one of my siblings (or even myself) must have put in there some years earlier.....my dessert was sorted at least...still didn't find the poxy ice cream though....like I cared !!!

Are ye still awake ???

• Advertisement

Reading that I can think only one thing. What was its best before date!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Reading that I can think only one thing. What was its best before date!?

er.. its a wispa... does it matter?

I didn't wanna look dude....it was heavenly anyways...all textured and silky....wonderful...

You were lucky to get a Wispa even if it was out of date. Maybe have another look in that freezer, maybe there is a little man down there making them . Now wouldnt that be exiciting!;)

now that ****'s newsworthy !!!
    Actually...I will take a look.....should I find another one...I'll donate it to Phantom to auction off for charity...I'll be sure to keep it frozen however !!!

It's quite possible I'd be the highest bidder! Maybe if we all put our heads together we can discover the secret forumla that is the receipe for making a wispa!

It's quite possible I'd be the highest bidder! Maybe if we all put our heads together we can discover the secret forumla that is the receipe for making a wispa!

My guess. Chocolate, bubbles and fairies.

and umpa lumpa's of course !!!

Definately Umpa Lumpas. Without a doubt. So I'm figuring if we get some of those we can bring wispa back? Now...does that include girls with lots of bad fake tan?

• Advertisement

Well folks....I thought I'd call on the big guns....my aul-lad is the lord mayor of Clondalkin....seriously !!!
    I had him mail Cadbury's for us to request an exchange...
    They can take back the "Flake Praline" and return us our beloved Wispa...

The responce...

Thanks for your e-mail . This product has been discontinued.
    Consumer preferences do change from time to time and as a
    major manufacturer it is important that Cadbury maintain a
    wide range of products that meet consumer demands. There are no
    plans to re-introduce this product in the immediate future, but
    there is a chance that you may see it again at some time.
    Thanks again for your E-mail.
    Charlie
    Cadbury Consumer Relations Department

please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

:o(

Advertisement