Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fitz EOM tonight

• 31-05-2007 11:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

Somebody remind me of the structure please?

Last time I played it this was sh1t but I believe it has been revolutionised.

Im off work tomorrow so i think il give it a shot.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I think it is:

30 min levels until 800-1500, then 40 min levels. 6.5k stack, no antes. There may be 3 x 25 min levels to start, but I can't remember exactly. Fairly sure this isn't too far off anyhow.

I might go, not sure yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

was it not 8k starting stack?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Ollieboy wrote:
    was it not 8k starting stack?

nope.

Never has been 8k for the 270 game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

8K sounds right to me, didn they increase the starting stack for all the tournaments at the start of the month? surely this is the same, sure the 100 on mondy is 6K.

• Advertisement

Wrong on all counts there Joe. The Monday is 5k (with 500 bonus) and 5k rebuy. The EOM stack didn't change as part of this, and only Monday, Tuesday and Friday tournies changed as part of these changes, not the rest of the week ones.

I believe there may be some more major changes happening, but nothing definite yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭bell_boy

Is it the usual 9ish start or does it start early? Are there sats that run earlier?

5starpool wrote:
    Wrong on all counts there Joe. The Monday is 5k (with 500 bonus) and 5k rebuy. The EOM stack didn't change as part of this, and only Monday, Tuesday and Friday tournies changed as part of these changes, not the rest of the week ones.

I believe there may be some more major changes happening, but nothing definite yet.
    The structure of this last time I played is 4 25 min levels; moving to 30 from the 150 / 300 level; and on to 40 mins from the 700 / 1500 level.

Now, that is playable. But the reality is that you can get better bang for your buck elsewhere.

bell_boy wrote:
    Is it the usual 9ish start or does it start early? Are there sats that run earlier?

My other gripe - gauranteed to start late.

Officially it starts at 7, but it will be 7.45 at least before it starts, probably 8. Sats take place from 5ish I think, or whenever enough people turn up to start one really. One handed Omaha starts from around 7 or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

pants..

on the plus side i feel im playing good stuff ahead of tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

Finished 7th for €700 yo yo's.
    I had a rollercoaster night,
    Made a stand against Kevin Fitzpatrick with Ah7H for 6K all-in preflop up against AdKd
    Flop comes down 8d10d3h turn7s river brick..... Nice double up:D

Then I get it all in again with AhKh against pocket queens,
    Flop comes down 5 6 9 rainbow, 8 on the turn, and sure 7 on the river to split the pot:D

Two tables to go I got seriously shortstacked after making a correct call against a shortstack and who went all in for 15K. I had Ad8d he had K 10 offsuit, all in for 15K and he gets a 10 on the river

So I go all in with KsQh for 18K, blinds are 800 1,500, called by 2 players all in.... Both have pocket Jacks,
    Flop comes down 8s 10s 2s, Kh on turn and 4s on river:D
    up to 53K.... do a few raises and get up to 59K by the formation of the final table.

The chip leader at the final table had 140K plus starting stack......... Only hand of note up to my exit hand was when I raised in EP with AQoffsuit, folded to (Donegal Joe) who goes all in for 30K...... after a bit of a dwell I fold With Ace face up, he shows pocket jacks, opinions?? Sometimes you get a feeling about the hand.... I got a bad feeling.

So my exit hand, Blinds are 1k 2k and I have circa 40K at this stage, and I get As5s in the BB, Chip Leader makes it 5K to call, I smooth Call.

flop comes down Ah 5h 7D, I check he bets 10K I re-raise all-in he calls, and turns over Ac7s for 2 pair:o :o

Felt that I couldn't get away from the hand, as I felt he would have played AQ AJ etc., the same way...... Happy enough with my play, got very lucky early on.....might have to work on opening up my game at the business end of things...

72 players, final table formed by 2.00 a.m. I feel that the Chip Leader, had a super tanker from early on, which meant that there were alot of short stacks fighting it out, which meant that we lost alot of players quickly when it went to 2 tables.....

Food was excellent, Turkey Ham as hot dinner and large selection of salad buffet with fruit (yes real fruit) for desert and the usual cream based bonnofi pies etc.,

I can't remember the guys name who was chipleader, and thankfully I was only at his table for the final table... From feedback comments that I heard, he played his large stack very well, and kept a big chip leader from very early on..... I was very impressed with his play at the final table.

Anyway happy with the result, any news on who won etc.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

wp Smurph, your report made me hungry :)

and no, you can't get away from your exit hand

wp Smurph, your report made me hungry :)

and no, you can't get away from your exit hand

Salad stuff for moi, top notch..... apple for desert... Tired today in work, but sure im sure i'll struggle in for the Scalps game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

WD Smurph.

Once you see a flop the exit hand plays itself.

I assume you are on about the lad withthe curly blond hair and beard Smurph. His name is Sean Prendergast (or some similiar surname). Glad to see that he held on to his chips, he's a nice lad.

I'm glad as well Smurph, that you put my chips to some use anyhow, probably see you later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

5starpool wrote:
    I assume you are on about the lad withthe curly blond hair and beard Smurph. His name is Sean Prendergast (or some similiar surname). Glad to see that he held on to his chips, he's a nice lad.

I'm glad as well Smurph, that you put my chips to some use anyhow, probably see you later.

Sean Prendiville. H eis a nice guy and a decent player from what little I have seen.

I knew it was one or the other, close nough to get the meaning across anyhow.

I won't embarrass Smurph more than to say that she thought he was someone else, and I thought it was quite funny.

5starpool wrote:
    I knew it was one or the other, close nough to get the meaning across anyhow.

I won't embarrass Smurph more than to say that she thought he was someone else, and I thought it was quite funny.

Okay so I thought he was Robin Lacey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

smurph wrote:
    after a bit of a dwell I fold With Ace face up, he shows pocket jacks, opinions??

You called against me in the 300 GJP game with the same cards :rolleyes: Different circumstances I know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Couple of questions
    1) Where is the Fitz.
    2) What's the buyin for this? Is it a rebuy?
    3) It starts around eight'ish - finishes roughly when?
    4) How many players normally come?

I read the sticky but it does not answer these questions.

You called against me in the 300 GJP game with the same cards :rolleyes: Different circumstances I know!

I know I did for the following reasons:

1. I felt that you were steaming a bit and would push with a wide range of cards here....

2. If I lost the hand I would still have a playable stack.

I thought I could pick better spots at the final table against other players, and Donegal Joe had being playing tighty mctight........ah well

Forgot who you were on boards...........

kmick wrote:
    Couple of questions
    1) Where is the Fitz.
    www.fitzwilliamcardclub.com

2) What's the buyin for this? €270

Is it a rebuy? Freezeout
    3) It starts around eight'ish - finishes roughly when?
    anywhere between 4-6 a.m.
    4) How many players normally come?
    70 plus players

I read the sticky but it does not answer these questions.

Hope the stuff above helps. There is a great Scalps game there on a friday night, check tournament schedule at top of tournament page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Hey does anyone know who won the EOM, final table at 2??? seems very early...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭MisterMonkey

yeah its sean prendiville! the guy with the mess of curly blonde hair. myself and donegal joe split it 60/40, i took 6100 he 5100, i came into heads up with a 3.5 to 1 chip lead but he played v well to get it back to 3/2 at that stage it was 4 o'clock and i was knackered, also didnt feel i had much of an edge heads up so was happy enough with the split. in fairness i got v lucky three times on final table, once with a7 vs a8 hit 8 on river to fill straight, also with 54o vs a9 aipf he flopped two pair and i hit runnner runner flush, sickest of all was when i made a terrible reraise with second pair and ran into aces three handed, made two pair on river. having said that i feel i played pretty well for the most part making one call with 4 tables left of a massive overbet on river with 66 and 4 overcards on board, he had bottom pair. smurph you were exceptionally ul to run into a higher two pair and i dont think there is any getting away from that there. having been on 43k at the first break i would have been gutted not to cash and am delighted with how it went over all

Well done, great result and the split was a good deal...

You played a very good game, used your chips well and picked your spots exceptionally well on the final table.....

GG Sir

Well done - great result!!

Good stuff Sean, glad to see my pep talk at the break when I encouraged you to donk your chips away motivated you to do the opposite. Can I have 10% please? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭MisterMonkey

thanks all much appreciated, will do my best to distribute it among various cash tables in varying states of inebriation

you should have told me at the break dom i would have happily swapped some percentages sure that i was gonna donk that stack off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭dinjo99

yeah its sean prendiville! the guy with the mess of curly blonde hair. myself and donegal joe split it 60/40, i took 6100 he 5100, i came into heads up with a 3.5 to 1 chip lead but he played v well to get it back to 3/2 at that stage it was 4 o'clock and i was knackered, also didnt feel i had much of an edge heads up so was happy enough with the split. in fairness i got v lucky three times on final table, once with a7 vs a8 hit 8 on river to fill straight, also with 54o vs a9 aipf he flopped two pair and i hit runnner runner flush, sickest of all was when i made a terrible reraise with second pair and ran into aces three handed, made two pair on river. having said that i feel i played pretty well for the most part making one call with 4 tables left of a massive overbet on river with 66 and 4 overcards on board, he had bottom pair. smurph you were exceptionally ul to run into a higher two pair and i dont think there is any getting away from that there. having been on 43k at the first break i would have been gutted not to cash and am delighted with how it went over all

Hi Sean, Donegal Joe here. Really enjoyed last night and though the momentum had turned slightly in my favour heads up, I was more than happy with the split.
    You may have had a few lucky outdraws but you played your big stack very well from two tables out and was good value for the win. WP.
    Smurph, you were very unlucky with your exit hand but as everyone agreed it played itself. When the final table started it was a case of which of the eight of us could get heads up with Sean. I felt with about 30 big blinds that I could afford to wait a little while. There was plenty of scope for play at the final table with the average stack having over 30 bbs.
    The Fitz EOM continues to be my favourite tournie with 3 wins or shares and and final tables 65% of the time. OK stop boasting as everyone here knows I'm a lucky Git!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

Yeah nice tourney. Got 8th myself. It was my A8 vs MisterMonkeys A7...ah well. He played a big stack very well and definitely deserved it. Nice call with the 66 with four overcards. Well played all. Im sure ill se ye on the tables soon enough anyway.

Advertisement