Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift for new mum

Options
  • 31-05-2007 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

I'm off to visit a friend in the UK next week who's expecting a baby in early July. I'm going to bring over the some bits and pieces for the baby (clothes etc). Aside from that I'd really like to bring a gift that specifically for my friend (because she'll no doubt be getting loads of stuff for the baby, but I think it's important that mum is spoiled too!) I don't want to just get her jewellery or toiletries.

I quite like the idea of a voucher for a pampering day at a spa or something similar but she's not going to have much free time for quite a while so it might be difficult to organise. Something practical might be good too, as long as it's not too baby-orientated. Has anyone here pleasantly surprised a new mum with a thoughtful gift that was just for her, or better still, are there any mums that can suggest something they received near the birth that meant a lot? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I presume you will be going back to see her after the baby is born. So something personal and not for the baby..
    Give her an IOU for your next visit.You can decide what to put on the list,
    suggestions;
    Babysitting on Friday night so she can go out, even for an hour or two.
    Bring herself and the nipper out for brunch on Saturday,
    You then take the baby home so she can get her hair done, go shopping or whatever,
    When she gets home, you can have drinks ready,
    Send her up for a bath while you make dinner,
    You put the baby to bed and you both relax with a nice bottle of wine!
    Trust me, she will love it. No other presents will come near it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

That sounds lovely actually. Much more personal to make a fuss of her myself than to send her off to a spa. Have been wracking my brains for something I could actually buy for her, but I think you're right, she'll probably appreciate the free time to herself and having a wee drink and dinner with her friend more than anything else once the baby arrives. I can easily fly over for a weekend so there's no excuse. Thanks for your suggestion!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Hope all goes well with the birth, Enjoy your weekend.

Advertisement