Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms in town

Options
  • 31-05-2007 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

ok does anyone know of any good gyms in town? i read an article that a polish bank was to be built at howleys key in 3 months time, so if the quay side leasure is gone, what others are around in town (not jjb or ul) im trying to stick with town, also if people know anything bout prices it would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Mount Kenneth is closing as well.
    The Hilton has a Gym. Can't think of another one in city centre at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Clarion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Cant beleive Quay Leisure is closing, i saw it this morning, I am a member and the paper said that they contacted all there staff and members about the closure, never contacted me! :(

I know someone who there last week?!?!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Cant beleive Quay Leisure is closing, i saw it this morning, I am a member and the paper said that they contacted all there staff and members about the closure, never contacted me! :(

I know someone who there last week?!?!?!?!

I hope it is a hoax, as the POST is not naming an official source. That gym has a very good reputation!
    Clarion.

:eek: Didn't know that! A big one?

Grove Island Leisure Centre is an option too (with big pool)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Clarion.

:eek: Didn't know that! A big one?

Not sure, I've never ben.
    Just remember it opening.

http://www.clarionlimerick.com/health.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

Not sure, I've never ben.
    Just remember it opening.

http://www.clarionlimerick.com/health.html
    i suppose i should have been clearer, you see im going to the grove island gym but not a member, walking from ashbrook to there every time is a cu*t, so id prefer if it was very central and also gyms that i can just go to without being a member like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Oh... No, Groove Island and UL are the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Why cut jjb out, its easy to get there by bus from the city centre, i joined last week for a 3 month sub and im very impressed so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Grove Island or the UL are bout the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

I know you said Ul was too far but they are doing a great deal for summer membership 4 months 150.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

sioda wrote:
    I know you said Ul was too far but they are doing a great deal for summer membership 4 months 150.
    i only recently got a job and am saving up for a 2 week holiday so my summer is gone, so it would be august till i have enough again to join like. also the thought of getting a bus to ul dawnts be as i dont really know the route back ect, as for jjb, i went there once and was charged 15 euros so il never go back again, nice gym but waay to expencive!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

I got the gym instructors in UL to include my cycle to and from there as part of the workout so saving on the bus fare :D

Advertisement