Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn Grass -how much does it cost?

Options
  • 31-05-2007 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Does anyone know a good place to get pre grown lawn in strips and how much it is per strip?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭rockdrummer

onlinetruf.com - very good quality grass. Harvested just before delivery.

Got mine 5 weeks ago and grass grows likes its on steroids ! I thinks it was 24 sp yards for €110

You can enter area in sq yards and get quote.

B&Q and places like that sell it but its not good quality. Its been lying around for ages and probably not watered frequently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭rockdrummer

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

Rockdrummer, thanks i may finally get my garden looking like a garden is meant to!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Salem

Anyone know the name of or where I might get good lawn seed in Dublin
    or close by ... Good quality stuff !
    Cheers ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭bored and tired

Salem: if you can locate a builders providers they usually supply 25kg and 12.5 kg bags of good quality lawn seed, its mixed seeds and a hell of a lot cheaper than garden centre stuff, about €90ish for big bag. but if you need small quantity say 2.5kg, than b&q have got stuff thats "professional, golf course quality"
    i had a thread about week back on growing lawn from seed and there is a link there to really good site with step by step instructions if you want some to have a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

I got my lawn from Summerhill Lawns in Co. Meath. It's been down about two years and still looks fantastic. A few weeds have invaded from next door, but that is inevitable I guess. If I remember correctly paid around €300 for enough to cover approx 35 ft x 14 ft - they delivered it next day. Its probably more since then though.
    http://www.summerhilllawns.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Salem

Cheers board and tired ... Was up in Atlantic last night ... Not great selection ... My coverage is about 70 sq/m ... I'll check B&Q the weekend and stay away from garden centre ...
    Somebody mentioned a place in Phibsborough, small shop for gardeners ... Anyone use it before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭bored and tired

Salem wrote:
    Cheers board and tired ... Was up in Atlantic last night ... Not great selection ... My coverage is about 70 sq/m ... I'll check B&Q the weekend and stay away from garden centre ...
    Somebody mentioned a place in Phibsborough, small shop for gardeners ... Anyone use it before?

i have no idea how big 70sq/m is, we planted seed last saturday and so far the only thing to appear is a bloody nettle. its 3/4 acre site so we had to use big 25kg bag and got tractor in to plant seed but shook it and raked in around the edges.

is anyone else seeding lawn at moment, who would like to give time line update as im sure most of the seed has been eaten by birds or washed away by the downpours i have been having here. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Irish Gardener

its 3/4 acre site so we had to use big 25kg bag and got tractor in to plant seed but shook it and raked in around the edges.

is anyone else seeding lawn at moment, who would like to give time line update as im sure most of the seed has been eaten by birds or washed away by the downpours i have been having here. thanks.

A 25kg bag of lawn seed covers approx 550 sq metres at a seeding rate of 45g to the square metre.
    You would need approx 5 1/2 of the 25kg bags to seed a 3/4 acre site.
    Have a look at this post
    It may answer some of your questions.

Advertisement