Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to drums! (quickish learner)

Options
  • 31-05-2007 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

alo! the lads and myself have just gotten out own rehearsal space off the red cow round about (great location) and i have access to it pritty much anytime i want for as long as i want. I play guitar and bass, but i've always wanted to play drums!

So i've been playing on the drums last week and a few other times, about 4 hours in total, and i really do think im picking the basics up quick. I've got loads of off beat pedal work, and im getting buzz rolls in traditional grip and standard within my beats. Im lifiting the highhat when ever i want and so on and im not not really getting lost in drum fills, but they are of a similar feel. Off beats on the snare aswell, im really getting into it!

Is there any good sites that will explain how to keep a good roll going, with methods of introducing accents to a fast continues roll. Also about the different grips - how to hold the sticks and so on. How a kit should be set up.. a friend of mine who i would class as an amazing drummer (17 odd years underhis belt) was saying that the toms should be around 10 degress. His toms are set up really high, which ment when i tried to play them i kept hitting the rims, but apparently it promotes good playing technique...

I need advice!

Cheers

Comments

Advertisement