Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cena/Killings Airport Incident

• 31-05-2007 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

From pwinsider.com:

WWE Champion John Cena and TNA wrestler Ron Killings had an awkward moment of interaction at the Charlotte Douglas International Airport Monday morning.

Cena, who was on his way to RAW following his appearance at the Coca-Cola 600, noticed Killings at the airport and decided to approach. Killings was en route to the TNA taping.

The WWE Champion, who was reportedly upset over anti-Cena comments Killings made in promos for TNA, stared the TNA talent down. Killings returned the favor, and the two eventually went their separate ways without any physical altercation.

A rap-off wouldve been gas :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Killings had this to say on his myspace:
    "John Cena did'nt approach me "Ron Killings" about sh$%# at the airport,,infact,,this is second run in that we've had..First one was kind of a calling his bluff type thang....even tryin to comunicate with him to see what's up with what i've been hearing,,also all the interviews he did supposely calling me out..Big Mistake,,Then he leaves voice messages on my cell talking about battleing me and about thrashing my ass,,not to mention people he's done interviews with tell me John Cena wanted us to call you so he could battle you.....Man Please!! He did what he should've done,,and that's nothing!!I wish he would try to play that battle rap sh$%# with me,,I'll just eat his ass alive,and spit and sh#$% out the pieces i dont like,,Just like I told him,, He's a Punk ass,,rap wanna be ME!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin1983

cena is a fag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

^^^^Care to explain why Cena is "a fag"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin1983

no, i dont want to wast my time.
    plain and simple. he is a bitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

And Ron Killings is clearly a moron. I though I was going to need a dictionary to read that crap. Cena is not a fag by the way. I know this cus I seen him with YOR MA the other night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

K-Kack wrote:
    "John Cena did'nt approach me "Ron Killings" about sh$%# at the airport,,infact,,this is second run in that we've had..First one was kind of a calling his bluff type thang....even tryin to comunicate with him to see what's up with what i've been hearing,,also all the interviews he did supposely calling me out..Big Mistake,,Then he leaves voice messages on my cell talking about battleing me and about thrashing my ass,,not to mention people he's done interviews with tell me John Cena wanted us to call you so he could battle you.....Man Please!! He did what he should've done,,and that's nothing!!I wish he would try to play that battle rap sh$%# with me,,I'll just eat his ass alive,and spit and sh#$% out the pieces i dont like,,Just like I told him,, He's a Punk ass,,rap wanna be ME!

Seriously, another former WWE guy who just couldn't cut it there now in TNA doing everything they can to try and get attention via the whole "bad publicity is better than no publicity route". He was crap in WWE as K-Kwik, he's crap now.

Just be thankful you have a job Killings, cos you're crap at what you do.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

And the guy is a former 2 time NWA champion! I know the NWA title means **** all, and has done since the god awful Shane Douglas got his hands on it, but still, what was the logic behind Killings getting the title? Hopefully the NWA title will regain some prestige when Danielson gets his hands on it. (See my new thread!)

I'm glad them little film trailers featuring Killings have been scrapped too, they could only end in poorness.
    It's a shame this "incident" didn't end up in a proper fight between the two, it would be nice to have something newsworthy to talk about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Dublin1983 wrote:

Well that settles that then. Thanks for that eloquent contribution.

On a serious note, Killings is a nobody in the wrestling world and I reckon Cena could take him in a shoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Dublin1983 wrote:

Pearls of wisdom there man. Nice to know we can have a mature discussion about wrestling here!:D

On the Cena-Killings topic, I agree with most of what has been said. Killings was a failure in WWE when he was there, plain and simple. If anything, Killings is a Cena wanabe, not the other way round like Killings claims. Whether you like Cena or not, you have to acknowledge that he's in the position EVERY wrestler wants to be in - WWE Champion. How Killings can say that Cena wants to be like him is beyond me:confused: . He talks about the battle rap thing - does he not realise that was Cena's gimmick. Cena got over doing that gimmick, which is a lot more than K-Kwik did in WWE!

I still dont get this Cena hating stuff. The guy clearly works his ass off, has natural charisma, is in great shape and can have passable matchs. He can have very good ones when carried. I know he's been shoved down our throats by WWE but is that really the guy's fault???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I still dont get this Cena hating stuff.

Wrestling fans like to complain.

• Advertisement

Wrestling fans like to complain.

LMFAO. So I hear. That explains it so!

I still dont get this Cena hating stuff. The guy clearly works his ass off, has natural charisma, is in great shape and can have passable matchs. He can have very good ones when carried. I know he's been shoved down our throats by WWE but is that really the guy's fault???

My take on Cena is he has improved over the years, and it's obvious. He's not the four move wonder he used to be. But he's been horribly overexposed and has had that title for far too long. It's not 1990 anymore when there was 4 PPVs per year and a 9-12 month reign (I'm looking at you Warrior!) isn't considered overexposure. But now WWE has such a talent influx and with the same guy at the top for too long, it's getting boring, it's getting stale and Cena is exactly at the same position HHH was in 2003. Even when he's not in the ring, it's Cena Cena Cena.

Is it Cena's fault? **** no, if you were being paid the amount is he for being at the top, there isn't one person on this f*ckin' forum that wouldn't do the exact same.

But it's gonna have to end SOMETIME tho, and personally i think it should have ended about four months ago.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

eh didnt Cena actually release a rap album? So its not actually a gimmick.

In the words of American wrestling fans. Cena sucks. I admit I only started watching wrestling again after wrestlemania having not seen it since the whole crap WCW invasion thing started.

Cena sucks because EVERY match I have seen so far of him is the EXACT same thing. From what I can see he is a four move wonder. He does the same thing every time. And he is over exposed. Its such an old boring gimmick he has. Hes the only one who can defeat the Great Kahli blah blah hes brave and never backs down blah blah blah.

Raw was funny tonight not that it meant to be.

CENA SUCKS...WE LOVE CENA

I thought it was funny how the sucks chant came from a deep sounding chant. and then a really high pitched we love cena chant came (the kids and women)

No offence to women but its the Hardcore wrestling fans (usually male) who chant the suck chants about him and the kids who just cheer the good guy. Obviously alot of people feel the same about cena.

Personally I cant stand the guy. Go watch some of the Tna wrestlers. They know more than four moves.

joe123 wrote:
    Personally I cant stand the guy. Go watch some of the Tna wrestlers. They know more than four moves.

So does Cena now, go join the rest of the bandwagon :)
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

joe123 wrote:
    Cena sucks because EVERY match I have seen so far of him is the EXACT same thing. From what I can see he is a four move wonder. He does the same thing every time. And he is over exposed. Its such an old boring gimmick he has. Hes the only one who can defeat the Great Kahli blah blah hes brave and never backs down blah blah blah.

So did Austin and The Rock. Do you think they suck too?

Bret Hart had the same finish to almost every match he had for about fifteen years. Did he suck?

Hogan only ever used a couple of moves. Did he suck?

Being a good worker doesn't necessarily mean having the biggest moveset. It's more psychology than anything.

With Austin, he had to limit his moveset after Owen injured him in 97, before that he was quite the technician. His matches with Steamboat in 93-94 were great!

Rock was horrible in the ring, a true 4 move wonder, but he was still able to get the crowd going cos he had good in ring psychology and got your attention with his mic skills. Granted it took him two years from his debut to learn not to suck.

Hogan in WWE sucked in the ring, but he drew possibly the most amount of money for the company, although Austin would be very close second if he isn't even. He also played a big part in getting WCW out of the brink it was in during the 90s. But as stated, he only USED a couple of moves. It's all he had to do.

chopperbyrne is right here, it's about catering for the masses. And look at it this way, it's the Honky Tonk Man syndrome. If all the people hate Cena for the same reason, then people will pay into arenas just to see him get killed, and they'll do it time after time.

VR!

I vaguely remember an interview where Arn Anderson said many times Crockett never watched a lot of the matches he promoted. Anderson asked him once why and he responded something to the effect:

"I just listen. A great worker is someone who can get the crowd to respond the loudest and the longest".

joe123 wrote:
    eh didnt Cena actually release a rap album? So its not actually a gimmick.

Do you really think Cena would have released a rap album if it wasnt for WWE wanting to make money from it? Kurt Angle did a rap track on a WWE album for crying out load and nobody is challenging him to battle raps in airport terminals!
    joe123 wrote:
    No offence to women but its the Hardcore wrestling fans (usually male) who chant the suck chants about him and the kids who just cheer the good guy. Obviously alot of people feel the same about cena.

I personally think from a storyline perspective that Cena should be turned heel. He was an outstanding heel a few years back and would be even better now given his profile - plus some people are booing him anyway. However, WWE arent going to turn him heel - Why? Because Cena makes them an absolute fortune on merchandise, mainly from kids. The more Cena is pushed down our throats, the more kids will buy Cena merch, plain and simple. The money in wrestling is in kids btw, not the Hardcore wrestling fans you refer to. Why does ROH, for example, struggle to make a profit? Because they appeal exclusively to smarks and not to the masses.
    joe123 wrote:

As far a Cena's move set goes, he is limited, no doubt about it. As has been said, Rock nd Hogan were both limited in terms of moves. Why is it that they were able to put on a show stealing match at Wrestlemania? The answer is psychology - they got the crowd to care so much about that match, it was unreal! This is despite having a combined total of 8 moves between them.

On the issue of TNA - If TNA is so great, why arent they drawing like WWE?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Why does ROH, for example, struggle to make a profit?

I just want to point out that for the last year and a half, ROH hasn't struggled to make a profit at all. Their dvd's sell better in shops than TNA dvd's too. And they've moved on a bit, they mainly appeal to anyone who likes some good wrestling

As has been said, Rock nd Hogan were both limited in terms of moves. Why is it that they were able to put on a show stealing match at Wrestlemania? The answer is psychology - they got the crowd to care so much about that match, it was unreal! This is despite having a combined total of 8 moves between them.

I see your point, but it was a bad example. That match was more a dream match but the match itself was hardly show stealing. The staredown at the beginning and the handshake at the end were. But the match was bloody dire! Rock v Hogan was also a one trick pony. They couldn't repeat it the following year! :)

VR!

• Advertisement

The more Cena is pushed down our throats, the more kids will buy Cena merch, plain and simple. The money in wrestling is in kids btw, not the Hardcore wrestling fans you refer to. Why does ROH, for example, struggle to make a profit? Because they appeal exclusively to smarks and not to the masses.

On the issue of TNA - If TNA is so great, why arent they drawing like WWE?

Agreed. That's why Cena has been on top for so long, he's a money making machine, and one who can work. Not to a 2 year champion standard, but he is definitely improving.
    As Fozzy pointed out, ROH have been turning over a steady profit over the last 18 months. Personally, Id say I've spent over a grand in that time frame on ROH, paying for DVD's, tickets, flights, t-shirts etc. This may seem like a lot, especially considering I'm a poor student :( but it was all money well spent. Considering there are literally thousands of other people who do the same with their money you can see how ROH has become profitable. While I like WWE's product, I wouldn't spend money to watch it.

By your logic everyone on this forum should love ROH, because everyone on this forum, and any other, is a smark, like it or not.

TNA does offer an exciting alternative to WWE but it will never come within an arses roar of WWE in terms of drawing power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭savemejebus

As far a Cena's move set goes, he is limited, no doubt about it.

not that limited, just because he only gets by on crowd pleasing moves now, doesn't mean he can't wrestle. I saw his first match with Kurt Angle and he was quite impressive (highlights here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfl8vChnMi0).

The fact is people didn't warm to cena when he was wrestling as much as when he brawled and rapped. Now as champion he can't/isn't let take that many risks by doing complicated moves because if he does he could do more than just injure himself, he could feck up big company plans.

Double C wrote:
    By your logic everyone on this forum should love ROH, because everyone on this forum, and any other, is a smark, like it or not.

TNA does offer an exciting alternative to WWE but it will never come within an arses roar of WWE in terms of drawing power.

Just to clarify, I didnt say that all smarks like ROH, i said that ROH is aimed mainly to smarks - just because a product is aimed at you doesnt necessarily mean you love it. And i agree completely that everyone on this forum (including myself of course) is a smark - a mark that's smart to the business.

Obviously ROH are making more of a profit than i had thought, so i accept that point. But still, they are not going to get mainsteam marks' (not smarks) interest in their product unless they make serious changes - maybe they dont want to, i dont know. Still, they like TNA, deserve credit for producing an exiciting alternative.

The fact is people didn't warm to cena when he was wrestling as much as when he brawled and rapped.

I dunno if i agree with that or not... he got a pretty good reception after that Angle match if i recall, it was in June or July 2002. He also had a pretty decent match with Chris Jericho at the Vengeance PPV that year in July.

So i dunno if it's fair to say that fans weren't warm to him. However he was getting pretty stale because he didn't so much have a character, he was just the lucky kid who almost got a fluke victory over Angle, and the guy to watch to see what happened next. It was a good buildup for a rookie, but it took them another four months before Halloween (or was it Thanksgiving?) when he did the Vanilla Ice ripoff on SD and then the whitey gangsta character propelled him to stardom.

VR!

I don't think they are going for the kids like TNA are but ROH are going PPV next month so it's going to be fascinating to see what happens. In one way I'd like to see them progress as they are and aim for the "smarks" alone (god I hate that word) but seeing them on tv in 5 years time would be cool too. But the shows they are running in Japan states their intent at staying as they are for now.

Obviously ROH are making more of a profit than i had thought, so i accept that point. But still, they are not going to get mainsteam marks' (not smarks) interest in their product unless they make serious changes - maybe they dont want to, i dont know. Still, they like TNA, deserve credit for producing an exiciting alternative.

TNA don't deserve any of the credit ROH do. Unlike TNA, ROH have given people an actual alternative and have done it profitably.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

I think overexposure is the main problem for Cena. WWE don't have two really big stars like they had in the Austin/Rock era so it's just Cena all the time. It's grating especially when you don't like his promos/character. Not his fault but rappers annoy me.

He's getting better in ring alright. Still a bit limited but coming along.

Also the way this thread turned into a Cena discussion proves just how much people care about Killings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Theres nothing wrong with Ron Killings either don't rate him as a rapper but he's a good wrestler. Oh and btw he asked to leave WWE to pursue his other interests he wasnt fired or anything. Some of you are brainwashed into thinking the WWE is Mecca. There is nothing else besides it. Thats simply not true its not everyones dream to be in the WWE, most people go back for the money. And thats more a reflection on them.

The like of Palumbo who was abused the first time went back and is abused again, they will never learn they always hope it will be different but iy never is.

Poor Chucky P. I'd say he had to swallow some pride resigning with WWE after the Billy and Chuck debacle. At least now he's riding a motorcycle instead of....I wont finish that sentence.

• Advertisement

EdK wrote:
    Oh and btw he asked to leave WWE to pursue his other interests he wasnt fired or anything

Bwahah thats good, several sources say the he was indeed released from his contract, as WWE had nothing for him.

VR!

EdK wrote:
    Theres nothing wrong with Ron Killings either don't rate him as a rapper but he's a good wrestler. Oh and btw he asked to leave WWE to pursue his other interests he wasnt fired or anything. Some of you are brainwashed into thinking the WWE is Mecca. There is nothing else besides it. Thats simply not true its not everyones dream to be in the WWE, most people go back for the money. And thats more a reflection on them.

Whether he was fired or not is really irrelevant. The main issue is that he never got over in WWE.

WWE is the mecca - its the premiership of wrestling, the big leagues, plain and simple. Not saying there's nothing else besides it, of course there's alternatives - they aint as good though in my opinion. I would imagine that money is pretty important to the vast majority of wrestlers. Who wouldnt want to do what they loved and get paid very very well for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Would you think that the majority of WWE's roster are happy?

EdK wrote:
    A lot of talent become fickle when they can't realise that they're not longer the draw they once were. Warrior was a classic case, he never got over himself once he was given the big one, still thinks he could draw millions today.

Angle is another, and i'll get hung for this probably, but that guy hasn't been the same since being released from WWE. He joined TNA to purposely spite Vince for releasing him, when Vince was trying to get him to clean up his act otherwise he'll end up like Dynamite Kid.

The likes of BG and Kip Jammes (Road Dogg and Billy Gunn) openly admit how unhappy they are at Vince McMahon and his promotion. Funny, they seemed quite happy at the fact that Vince was paid them for the guts of six-seven years (more in Gunns case).

I think a lot of the roster are generally happy until they get pushed once, blow it and then get pissed off because they're not immediately pushed again. Then they start looking elsewhere. That happens in a lot of places though.

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Double C wrote:
    Poor Chucky P. I'd say he had to swallow some pride resigning with WWE after the Billy and Chuck debacle. At least now he's riding a motorcycle instead of....I wont finish that sentence.

:D

EdK wrote:

Id say the majority are happy to be honest. The thing is, most of the WWE guys were signed to development deals having worked in the indys for a time. Most of the guys in the indys (there are exceptions) dont make very much money and have to do other jobs just to get by. I remember seeing a TV show on the biography channel where they followed John Heidenreich in UPW before WWE signed him to a development deal. He had to work as a bouncer to supplement the income he earned from wrestling just to make ends meet. UPW was a top promotion back then(bout 2002-03) and was a develoment territory for WWE, but still guys who werent on development deals didnt make much money.

As far as the wrestling business goes, WWE is the place to go for sucess. Take CM Punk for example - Even with all of his achievements in the independant scene, he signed with WWE. Is he happy there? Im sure the paycheck and the TV exposure he gets every week makes a difference to his happiness!

I completely agree with what VR said above, even regarding Kurt Angle. In my opinion, Angle would still be with WWE today if Vince hadnt let him go - apparently WWE were terrified that Angle was gonna die under their employment of him. I would imagine Road Dog and Billy Gunn would still be there as well had they not been let go. Christian and Jericho did leave on their own free will, as did the Big Show, but the impression you get with all of them is that they've made their money and want to do other things. Same could be said for Trish Stratus and Lita.

• Advertisement
Advertisement