Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

use Blackberry in the US

• 31-05-2007 2:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭

Hi does anyone know which blackberry's can be used when travelling to the US and if Vodafone roaming will allow it to connect?

Also would an E61 setup with Mail For Exchange work in the US as well?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Both should work - assuming you can get a gprs connection. I have used my 61 and mail4exchange in the U.S. (NY/Boston, Ohio and SFO) without problems although it can be expensive.

An alternative is to go to starbucks or lots of the other coffee places, get yourselft a coffee and connect using their wifi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I don't suppose you would have any idea how to fix my latest exchange install that won't let my E61 connect, just stays on connecting and then I get HTTP Timeout in the logs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

My Vodafone Blackberry works just fine roaming in San Francisco on the Cingular network, though I do sometimes need to manually select it rather than let the device select the network. If you do that you'll notice there are two Cingular networks (at least in SF), and the 2nd one always seems to work for me in instances where I have problems.

Advertisement