Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a Deposit Back

Options
  • 31-05-2007 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Does anybody know on average how long you would be expected to wait before receiving back a deposit? I was recently renting in Student Accommadation and have been told that it will take 3 to 4 weeks for them to get it back. I moved out on the 27th of May and left the room exactly as I had gotten it and there will be new people moving in on the 4th of June so not sure what the big delay is?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Probably purely an admin delay.
    It may have to be checked and signed off by a person forwarded to someone else to calculate the deposit due back, before being forwarded to a payment office...... Its simply red tape thats delaying matters. Unfortunately 3-4 weeks is pretty run of the mill.

Advertisement