Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs in Galway

Options
  • 31-05-2007 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering does any one know of any jobs going in the city at the moment checked the papers etc just checking word of mouth.

I need badly to get out of where I am any job in a shop or anything like that will do

thanks x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

I heard ABC bookshop in town were looking for staff if that helps...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Poppy84

great thanks i'll give em a ring!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Just send out lots and lots of cv's, everywhere.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

If anybody hears of something, post it up. Looking for a job for the missus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

If anybody hears of something, post it up. Looking for a job for the missus.

Me too! :) Any pointers appreciated ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

As is my brother.

There's sod-all about, whether you're looking to continue working (albeit part-time) when you go back to college or not.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

As is my housemate now, where are all the jobs?
    i need her to pay my rent damn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

i think it is a country wide issue,Cork is similar - the summer jobs seem to have dried up.
    i would put this down to shops etc being able to employ foreign nationals all year round now (i am not stating this is a problem, merely an observation).the part time jobs just arent coming on the market anymore.

There's some signs up outside pubs for bar staff.

Can't remember where exactly. I was drinking.

I make no apologies.

Got a job in dunnes yesterday (going for the old "work, save, quit" approach).

Just keep applying, and lie your hole off.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try McJob, Abrakebabra and the like. Perhaps there is something at night.
    Or did everyone already try that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

i saw that there was a sign for staff wanted in the "golden ricksaw" chinese restaurant down near billy bobs steakhouse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 IrishToffees

Boston Scientific have just started recuirting again. Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭aido179

it would be nice to know of anywhere that would recruit for summer work (jc and 5th year) ive got a job with a familly friend but i want to be paid......

Get off your ass and look :)

That goes for all of you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Well I am bloody well looking and I have been for a while. Nothing yet. Good luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

hey! i've been trying to find a job in the city for three weeks! i'm going mad with boredom, and my money is being eaten away. i noticed a local employment agency near eyre square as i passed on the bus yesterday, so i'll give them a shot tomorrow. the galway advetiser on a thursday has some listings but very few applicable to summer workers. anyone else looking for jobs, or any advertisements about?! advice appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

Join the rest of those who are apart of the 'Work Avoidance Scheme' :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Kinda late on the oul job front...probably should of started looking around April, I've never had trouble finding work in Galway. You just gotta keep your eye out. 02 were looking for people a couple of weeks ago, the sex shop down Dominick Street was too! And Number One down there, The Newsagents by the XtraVision near Tesco, Cunniffes in there aswell, The Subway down Dominick Street,Smyths Toystore,Eddie Rockets had a sign but took it down too, most of these jobs are gone by now but when I was looking they were there to be had...its not hard to find jobs you just gotta be committed to finding one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

well, in case anyone else is insterested; a jewellary store off shop street (near a subway and juice place) is looking for part time. but thats saturdays and a weekday to them. not enough for me, but someone else might be interested!

smyths toystore are not hiring anymore, i can tell you that! number one shop arent looking anymore. i've seen 2 clothes stores looking, but they want 1 year experience in woman's fashions. *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Se&#225 wrote: »
    Anymore, does anyone know... I am moving there I think from Navan, Meath, and I never lived in Galway and/or the west. Just for summer madness!!

I have lots of experience (newsagents, office work, computer dealerships, arts centre) and speak Irish fluently. I just dont understand when they aint ringing me! Ha!

x
    leaving it a bit late arent you? :O

• Advertisement
Advertisement