Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build log 56k beware

Options
  • 31-05-2007 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

Okay so starting tonight all of the below into my v2000a

dsc06270uf9.jpg
    dsc06273bo2.jpg
    dsc06275rg8.jpg
    dsc06276ys5.jpg

And all this will be going in too, minus the gpu block:

pict00012xz3.jpg
    pict00023iw3.jpg
    pict00034dh2.jpg
    pict00044tm3.jpg

v2000a

lian-li-pc-v2000-plus-2-5.jpg

Hopefuly should have it all done by the weekend, as im still to source a good cooler for the 8800

Wish me luck chaps

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

that silver case is shexeh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I can't help but notice that the ram is in different paired slots, eg: no dual channel.

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

KamiKazi wrote:
    that silver case is shexeh

And sitting on my kitchen table....you'd best come collect it if you want any chance of getting your gear in it :D

Please note unfeasibly large and out of focus pics from Anti...nice small, perfectly focused pics from me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Wow very nice, have you got a full list of the specs?
    Does that price tag on the Vista Ultimate box say €26.72!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

What HSF were you using in the first pic? and are you flogging it by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

@ Krazy, yeah i know. I dont run it with both typs of ram in it. it was just for the sake of the pic.

@>all . The specs are in my sig for the hardware, no specs on the wc setup yet. With anyluck hopeful will post the specs for that, and yes, thats the right price you see. I work for MS so i get a nice discount ;)

@ Auvers, Thats a Tuniq tower. But its new home is with Hopeful.

Also, i made a little booboo. The thermal pase went all over the chipset when i tried to get a little out:

dsc06284ii8.jpg

Whoops. Had some iso prop. So cleaned it up in no time. Hopefully no contacts filled in. Or its new mobo time again :(

Anyway, Have the blocks on the cpu and chipset, Have the psu in, mobo in with the x-fi and the 8800gtx.

Let's play a game...it's called 'Where is Anti's Tuniq?'

PICT0008.jpg

PICT0015.jpg

Beat you to the build...but I think yours is a little more complex :D

Current CPU temp is 40c (X2 3800@2500mhz running two Folding @Home clients)

Hope you are having fun with the Lian Li. Your better half's face was a picture when she saw how big it is...should have had my camera ready :D

::Edit:: You left the plexi here...will still be here should you want/need it :::

Board with blocks on:

dsc06285zq8.jpg

Close fit for the 8800GTX and the X-FI platinum:

dsc06287lx0.jpg

The psu is in, but one of the 6pin cables isnt long enough.. Cu*t:

dsc06288du1.jpg

Im gonna call it a night soon. My back is killing me from all this bending over into the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Damn you hopeful *shakes fist vigorously"

Really sorry for the quality of the pics. ill dig out a digi camera tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Anti wrote:
    Really sorry for the quality of the pics. ill dig out a digi camera tomorrow.

jesus i gota 20" and i have to scroll ->

looken good.

awhir wrote:
    jesus i gota 20" and i have to scroll ->

looken good.

Should get a 24"...no scrolling here :D

Hey hopeful. By any chance do you have any internal pic of your wc setup so i can get a good idea of routing the pipes?

I changed the routing lots of times...the following were the latest setup when the pump is mounted at the bottom of the 5.25" rack.

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

I'll try to find some of the lower section.

Right so. Couldn't wait to get home from work all day :D

I was thinking in work today, and i wasnt happy with the psu. So i flipped the psu backing plate upside down so i can mount the psu higher so i could get the 6pin pci-e connectors to reach the card without having to use any of the molex 2 6-pin adapters. And it worked :D The extra 2 inchs made all the difference. The only thing im not happy with, is that the psu is upside down now. So i will have to cut out some of the lower shelf for some air circulation. As as the moment there is about 1cm between the shelf and the psu fan.

Anyway.

dsc06305mv7.jpg

dsc06292zd6.jpg

Now some pics of the Cpu block, and the Chipset block.

dsc06293ss9.jpg

The one thing i wasnt happy about the chipset block was that i had to find the retention plates :(

dsc06296lg7.jpg
    Sexy little block isnt it :D

Now, remember i said how close the 8800GTX and the X-fi was. But the picture was bad quality.

dsc06298om5.jpg

Im not happy that im using ide drives at the moment, but i plan to get 4 new sata drives soon. I also mounted them upside down too. Just.....well, no reason really.

dsc06299mq3.jpg

Next my fav part of this case. Its a mod unkelrosco did to a sunbeam fan controller. Its uber sexy. And the lian li drive bezel.

dsc06300bp2.jpg

dsc06301ww3.jpg

Now this is where i plan to mount the Rad. Not sure if ill have it flat, or on its side.

dsc06304pl1.jpg

As usual any comments are welcome. If you see me doing something wrong, please point it out.

All looking good :)

A couple of things though. I cannot remember if the connections on the chipset block are watertight when I gave it to you or if they are just screwed in loosely. Be wise to take them out, put some PTFE tape on and reattach them. Also you will need to remove the CPU block to put the connectors on...I assume you know this but I thought I would mention it.

Oh yeah...are you really sure you don't need a hard drive cooler? :D

Ah bollocks :(

I thought i could put the connectors on while it was on the cpu :( Im gonna PTFE all the connections later on.

I will take the hdd cooler. As soon as i get my sata drives, but how much ?

Anti wrote:
    Ah bollocks :(

I thought i could put the connectors on while it was on the cpu :( Im gonna PTFE all the connections later on.

I will take the hdd cooler. As soon as i get my sata drives, but how much ?

You can probably get the connectors on but whether you would get them tight enough may be another matter.

Hard drive cooler -->> http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=24887

*yoink*

Have responded to your 'Yoink' on Adverts.

I must have a rummage in my 'shed of mystery' and see what else I can sell you :D

• Advertisement

I thought id have a crack with the pipes. See if what i have will do. And it looks like it will :o

dsc06308el2.jpg

Im deffo gonna have to take the cpu block off though, cant get the barbs past the retention bracket :(

She is almost there. Just have to fit the barbs and tubing, and mount the rad and find a place for the pump.

dsc06309by8.jpg

*EDIT*

o_0 the carpet is rank...

What about the res?
    Mounting the pump and rad are the hardest bits!

And yep..that carpet is of noteworthy hideousness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

hopeful wrote:
    What about the res?
    Mounting the pump and rad are the hardest bits!

And yep..that carpet is of noteworthy hideousness :D

hehe fashion designers now are we :D

Lol :d

I decided to hold off on piping it. I went over to pclook and spent 160€ on more WC stuff like pipes lighting inline temp guage ect ect.

orderrz1.jpg

PC-Look is such a good site for hurting your credit card :D

A 'Gaming Glove'? I shudder to think :eek:

Yeah :(

My rigth wrist is really week from a accident a few years ago, so after long periods of gaming really hurt. And this is meant to be good for it.

Can anyone think of anything else i need. or should want?

Also, these red fans 68cfm and 21db. How can you go wrong with that??

Are all those LED fans going in that PC? Going to look like Las Vegas in there!

• Advertisement

Well the plan is.

3 white fans on the rad. 1 red front 1 red back, 80mm bottom below psu. And the UV lighting is to go in the top

Advertisement