Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ET:QW , perhaps I'm just a bit thick

Options
  • 31-05-2007 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

can someone explain this to me please:

Level Playing Field: While players earn promotions and stats every time they play, unlocked capabilities are specific to the campaign. Every player starts the campaign at the same level.

What? unlocks and experience are server specific ? game instance specific ? Does experience / awards carry from strogg to human if you change sides on the same server or during a campaign ? (can you change teams?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

62 views and no reply ? Either no-one knows or its pasted up somewhere blatantly obvious and I'm missing it......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

You unlock during a campaign. When a new one starts, it starts over.

sooooo

is a campaign played all in one sitting ? how many maps / rounds per campaign ?

What would be nice is a server set campaign that changes depending on which side wins or loses a round: eg

London cityscape : humans on defensive trying to delay Strogg from hitting a key location. if strogg win by X amount the next map is north England as they roll on to the next target, If strogg scrape a win ,the next map is London with the objective of hunting down humans involved in a resistance - flags are resistance bases in a network of tunnels (sewers / subway). If human defend the location and win by a small margin , next map is humans kncoking out strogg advance outpost in London and hunting down stragglers. If humans defend and win by lots, next map is a human assault map as they hit London outskirts bases and push the strogg back.

hmmm, nicer would be if there are multiple options for targets at the end of each round (London outskirts gives choice of : parliament , london city financial district , london town , docklands) that gets voted on by the players of the winning side.

ah well. enough pie in the sky from me..... off to google the QW campaign length and get more of an idea what its about.

http://www.cgonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1054&Itemid=1

for anyone else thats interested this is a pretty informative interview. Weird but I've read the same words over and over on other sites but this is the first one I've actually had the whole lightbulb experience with.

so in answer to my first question: yes, I am just a bit thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

LoLth wrote:
    so in answer to my first question: yes, I am just a bit thick.

Knowing is half the battle,

joking aside, nice interview. I'm waiting for this game to come out, but know very little about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement