Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anbody used a PC Winradio scanner?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

This one is obsolete. Anything with ISA slots is not really XP or Vista compatible.

There are newer PCI versions. A friend has an external black box version (supposed to be less interference from PC).

Google Softrock for SDR. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Crowman

I wouldnt say it's obsolete as such... Perhaps this model isnt compatabe with many new PC's (I have a pc with a spare ISA slot!) I was curious as to performance, software and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Unless you are going to run Win98 or NT4.0, it's obsolete. A £32 Softrock is probably better (though that only does 200Khz on each of 80m and 40m).

They don't make that model any more. Mind you it's about £700 for a professional SDR. have a look at www.wsplc.com Not the cheapest, but a good range. They have all the modern Winradios, competitve PC controlled radios and SDR. Softrock is under kits.

Advertisement