Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW iPod Integration

Options
  • 31-05-2007 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Could someone tell me is there any solution out there to connect an ipod to a 2006 5 series.

Ideally, I'd love to be able to keep the ipod in the glove box and control it using iDrive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

AFAIK, a BMW dealer can do it for you. You will be able to control the iPod from the head unit, but it is a fairly expensive solution. I'd say ned78 could help you out more, maybe just hang on until he sees this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Yep - you can get an aftermarket iPod adapter from your BMW dealer - about €500. I've used it and I have to say it's excellent. You just throw the iPod in the gove box and control it through iDrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Whoops, crosstownk got there before me, but his post is perfect and has all you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭38psi

I have the BMW iPod interface on my 335 (no idrive ) and it works like a dream. As long as you dont have a cd multichanger unit it should be ok afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hey all,

Thanks for the advice.

I went online and I got a BMW part number, rang the garage and they said that it will only work with the old model.

Can one of ye give me the part number of your adaptor and I'll see what they come back with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The one I used was fitted to a 2007 525D by Kevin O'Leary's in Cork. Give them a ring www.kevinolearybmw.ie

Advertisement