Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Req] Stag Weekend in Galway

Options
  • 31-05-2007 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I’m planning a hopefully moderate drinking stag weekend in Galway.

I’m looking for places to do day activities (eg karting, paintball, quad biking), good restaurants and a range pubs that would suit all tastes (from quiet old fashioned pubs to snazzy night spots).

All suggestions and reasons why will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks In Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You should find a few suggestions in the sticky "Activities and Resources in Galway" on top of the front page. Enjoy Galway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Karting in Pallas Karting in Tynagh, out near Portumna. About 45 m inutes from the city, and the longest track in Europe (at least it used to be!)

Bowling in City Limits, Oranmore, or at Galway Shopping Centre. Personally, I'd head to City Limits.

Gorilla Games in Knocknacarra is supposed to be excellent fun, too.

For drinks, Try the Skeff Bar in Eyre Square, or the Quays on Quay Street. Most other places don't do stags, and bear in mind that the Quays does a late bar upstairs.

And there's always La Paradise Club on Dominic Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gummie02

Hi all,
    Hopefully you can help, im best man for a good mate of mine, have planned/ booked the Stag night in Galway for Feb with the Wedding soon after. The group is 13 so far, what i'm looking for is some suggestions of places to go and some to avoid. Karting is on in the afternoon with travel arrangements so thats organised but I'm looking for places to go that night- a sat night. The Group ages are late 20's early 30's with one or two older.

Also can people help out as I dont know where to find my more common duties as to what i have to organise myself to aid the wedding. Any suggestions welcomed as this is my first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

gummie02 wrote: »
    Also can people help out as I dont know where to find my more common duties as to what i have to organise myself to aid the wedding. Any suggestions welcomed as this is my first time.

Not really the best thread for it but...

1) The stag
    2) Your speech
    3) On the day you will be taking any cards given on the day
    4) Paying the anyone that has to be paid on the day e.g. band
    5) Reading out letters/cards etc from those unable to attend
    6) Taking care of the groom i.e. making sure he gets to the church etc
    7) Being sober enough to do all of the above

Might be best if you posted the best man question in weddings and marriages.

Go to these, in this order:
    http://www.thekingshead.ie/
    http://www.thelivingroom.ie/
    http://www.leparadisclub.com/
    http://www.halonightclub.com/

You can walk between these places in 5-10 minutes and have a great time.

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »

Halo dont allow Stags so go up in smaller groups and dont let on its a stag if you want to get in.

You can bowl in www.leisureworld.ie
    They have a bar too, or did when I was there 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

There is bingo on in Salthill most evenings of the week. They serve tea/coffee and i think they sometimes have snack bars too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Deep Sea Fishing- great value
    Tarraqueen Tours http://www.tarreaqueentours.ie/index.php
    12 people max, €600 for full day with skipper, rods etc. This could be split into 2 ½ day groups.
    Can leave from Galway Bay

The Immigrant 086 <snip> Ray.
    6 people max, normally out at 11am, back at 4.30pm. €50 a head. Again could do ½ day groups.
    Leaves from Galway Bay

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭fergalfrog

Halo dont allow Stags so go up in smaller groups and dont let on its a stag if you want to get in.

Just out of interest is this actual Halo policy? How can they give this as an excuse to people who are not drunk etc when they get to the door.

They don't want a bunch of lads to spend a load of money to get in to a place where they spend even more on over-priced drinks!

• Advertisement

fergalfrog wrote: »
    Just out of interest is this actual Halo policy? How can they give this as an excuse to people who are not drunk etc when they get to the door.

They don't want a bunch of lads to spend a load of money to get in to a place where they spend even more on over-priced drinks!

There is a sign on the way in that says no hens or stags thats where I got the info, but in the last while I have at least one hen party in there, it wasn't the pure tacky kind but was still obvious so maybe they are not as strict on this in recessionary times etc.

Advertisement