Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New NTL problem.

Options
  • 31-05-2007 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭

I would at least every 10 times i refresh/load a page it will tell me his page cannot be dispayed. Is that happening t anyne else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Seems to have gotten better in the last 1/2 hour.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Try every time for the last 2 days as the idiots were down in D2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

Are the torrents back to normal now? I was getting savage speeds for a couple of days this week (after zip since Feb), hoping it wasn't a 'glitch' in their software and they have finally seen the error of their ways...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I dont think so s soon a it ht 11.30 last night m torrn speeds jumped uphigh, and stayed that wy for the rest of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

i'm not sure if my problem is related but this thing happens a lot since yesterday. websites are not showing up completely, or just stall. and sometimes if i open a website, contents from other website would show up. argh, this is driving me crazy. i thought it was my firewall or router but disabling or rebooting them made no differences.

Marty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

try clearing all of ur temp internet files, cache etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I had the same problem. It was so annoyning while gaming.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

When things are slow loading just do a speedtest (www.irishisptest.com for example) and you ll probably see your upload is well.... gone or low as dial up.
    Been dealing with this since end of December and NTL doesnt do **** about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭donal.hunt

I've been running smokeping on my connection for the past few days and there is packet loss evident at regular intervals. The evenings seem particularly bad.

I have no patience for anyone who says they are using torrents and complaining about the quality of their connection. If you throttled your torrent connection to 50% the effect on the network would be reduced. Torrents are designed so you can queue them up and get the data at some point in the future. BE PATIENT... please...

I do not know alot about cable network topology but there seems to be a limited amount of upload capacity in the design so if people max out the upload pipes (it's a collective effort) then people will see packet loss across the network.

I'm collating as much data as possible so I can present it to NTL Ireland in writing. It's highly likely i will move provider in the near future to ensure I have a stable internet connection but I'm going to make it clear to NTL I'm moving cos their service is unusable at peak times.

I encourage others to do the same. Make sure you have valid data to back up your argument. Saying your torrent speeds sucks will not fly in my opinion...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Agreed.
    I only run torrents during the night and certainly not during the day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement