Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dream Cast

Options
  • 31-05-2007 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

When - if - they ever get around to making a movie of Red Dwarf, the original cast will surely be too old. So - who would be your dream cast for a RD movie? Ok, maybe the original cast could still do it, but go with it. ;)

I'll start you off; going with the idea of an American(ish) cast:

Lister; :p Matthew Lillard
    Rimmer; :mad: Ben Stiller
    Cat; :cool: Snoop Dog
    Kryten; :( Rowan Atkinson
    Holly; :confused: Kate Beckinsale

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Whatitis

When - if - they ever get around to making a movie of Red Dwarf, the original cast will surely be too old. So - who would be your dream cast for a RD movie? Ok, maybe the original cast could still do it, but go with it. ;)

I'll start you off; going with the idea of an American(ish) cast:

Lister; :p Matthew Lillard
    Rimmer; :mad: Ben Stiller
    Cat; :cool: Snoop Dog
    Kryten; :( Rowan Atkinson
    Holly; :confused: Kate Beckinsale

Any suggestions?

OMG!!!! I would rob a bank to finance that kind of cast....seriously...anyone else in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I don't know about Ben Stiller for Rimmer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

petes wrote:
    I don't know about Ben Stiller for Rimmer though.

I'm not a fan of Stiller, just can't think of anyone else who can play an annoying dork that you love to hate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Whatitis

I'm not a fan of Stiller, just can't think of anyone else who can play an annoying dork that you love to hate.

Jim Carrey
    Steve Carrell
    Will Ferrel
    Seth Green
    Mike Meyers

All dorks we love to hate...whether they'd be a match for Rimmer is a completely different topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I don't know if anyone could do a better Rimmer then Chris Barrie.... i saw the one recently where he has left to be "Ace Rimmer " and because Lister misses him he goes to "Rimmer World" and Rimmer is singing and dancing. Seriously, it had me in tears. Wouldn't have been nearly as funny with Ben Stiller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

watna wrote:
    I don't know if anyone could do a better Rimmer then Chris Barrie.... i saw the one recently where he has left to be "Ace Rimmer " and because Lister misses him he goes to "Rimmer World" and Rimmer is singing and dancing. Seriously, it had me in tears. Wouldn't have been nearly as funny with Ben Stiller.
    True, if Red Dwarf has one failing it is character replacement

New Holly - Muck
    New Kochanski - Utter muck, bring back that lass with the sxey Scottish accent:D
    New Kryten - OK, exception to the rule, that one was a vast improvement ;)

Advertisement