Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Complete moisture plus" lens solution - RECALL

Options
  • 31-05-2007 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭

Don't know if this is the best forum for this, so please move if necessary.

AMO have recently announced a recall of their "Complete Moisture Plus" contact lens solution in the US and Canada.

Can't seem to find any info on whether this has also been recalled in Europe. Their Irish website is pretty useless, with a link to a completely different incident last november. Since there a nearly full bottle sitting on my desk I've mailed them to see what the story is.

Finally, thumbs up to my web-based lens provider, Postoptics, for mailing me this morning with a warning about the recall even though I've never bought any solution off them, and are also offering to replace any affected solution I have even though I didn't buy it off them.

[edit] I've just re-read their website properly, and Postoptics are actually offering replacement soution and a free travel sized to anyone who returns the label off their affected AMO solution - link. My only worry is that they don't usually ship lens solution to Ireland, but no harm trying.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

ah crap thats annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Bummer. Just got an e-mail back from Postoptics saying they're not sure how I got the e-mail as they don't distribute solution to Republic of Ireland. Advised me to return solution to place of purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

Great... im looking at six bottles of that i got from VHI last month! Rang them and they gave me a number in the uk which i havnet tried yet:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭ongarite

Hmm I used to use that stuff along with long life lenses last year but got terrible eye infection and couldn't wear lenses for 2 months.
    I've since switched to dailies as they aggrevaited me less at the time.
    Wonder if the AMO stuff could have been the trigger for my eye troubles :mad:

There was a large ad in yesterday's Irish Times with details of the Irish number to call/website to visit regarding this recall, but I didn't get a chance to note the details. Would anyone have them?

[edit]
    Found it, website is www.the-complete-experience.com

Contact number is 1800 931 663

Though all they say is "Return your COMPLETE® MoisturePLUS™ bottle(s), with any remaining solution to your Optician or Pharmacist who will refund your purchase"

• Advertisement

Sorry for the double post, but my free 60ml bottle of lens solution arrived from Postoptics today (from the link at the end of my original post). This despite them telling me they unfortunately couldn't ship solution to Ireland.

Someone else has already posted this in the freebie thread over on Bargain Alerts - looks like anyone can get a free 60ml bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

when will we know when this stuff is safe again?

For anyone looking for a replacement solution, I've found Alcon's Opti-Free Express to be good.

Advertisement