Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!: Star Wars Galaxies, Free trial

Options
  • 31-05-2007 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to use the free trial for star wars: Galaxies, but every time I start it, it spends about an hour updating from the internet. I've only managed to start it once. Shouldn't it only need to update once, and not every time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

(can't seem to edit)

It's was about six hours the first time, if that makes a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I installed it about 2 months (i think) ago just to give it a whirl and it too just under a week to update fully!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jubi lee

you're bascially downloading what you get on the CD. to be honest you're better just paying the 30-40 euro and buying the disks. you will still have to do any patch updates after install though.

i played it for 2 years until they went and changed it(ruined it)IMO, whne i was leaving the free trial allowed you only access to the starting level i.e your stuck up on a ship doing small missions, ya don't get to the main planets. why anyone would wanna spend their time running around in a place where everyone else just runs thru to get into the game is beyond me!!! though maybe they've changed it since.

it was a very good game so just buy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

they have changed it...you do anything you want in the 14 or so days.
    **** you could level yourself to 90 and pvp if you wanted.
    and your right..the trial is only like 10 megs..your downloading all the basic files from the cd, and then every patch that came out after that...so you've got about 4 and a half gigs of stuff to download from SOE servers,which means your screwed. either find a mate or someoen that has the cd or buy the cd. and gimme your gift if you buy the cd.

p.s join infinity....we need more lambs for pvp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

Apart from the economy being screwed totally I'm liking SWG again. Resubbed after trial, playing LOTRO mainly but its fun jumping in to SWG from time to time to do some crafting, or to make some nice pets.

Beast Master was definitely a fun addition, and I think SWG is getting better and better, you can't compare it to pre-cu, instead, look at it as a new game... would never play it like in the old days, but for a few hours a week its great :)

The economy btw, I left the game with over 100mill credits, back in my days that was an insane amount, now most people in my guild has closer to a billion credits, and "normal" resources can go for 100CPU... it cost me almost 70Mill to get decent resources to get my Shipwright going again.... and you need at the very least 10mill credits to even think about beast mastery....

Oh, and I actually downloaded the whole client, was over 4,5gigs, took a while but I couldn't be bothered to actually go buy it, at the time of downloading it I didn't think SOE deserved my money.

• Advertisement

what server you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Jesus I wonder how much **** I'd have to download with the CD's I have.

Problins about a gig.

Go Farstar!

ewwww farstar
    infinity ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭KilbarrackBlows

i just signed up out of boredom played the trial before was a bit of fun
    think il try out this beast master thing is it a proffesion you choose like bounty hunter or do you have to get it in some other way
    and what is the best server to play on

no ya dont select beast master...
    you need to spend expertise points in it...and to get full beast master you need all 45 points whihc you get at lvl 90.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Holsten wrote:
    Jesus I wonder how much **** I'd have to download with the CD's I have.

Problins about a gig.

Go Farstar!

Farstar for the win

i resubed there 3 weeks ago and im enjoying it agin , the New Bm stuff is fun , you are better off buying the complete experence for 19 euro in gamestop instead of downloading 4-5gb it takes for ever

nah mate...infinity.
    its the best server,it has the toughest pvpers in the game....although prob the lowest population too...but farstar isnt far behind it on population.

you should come to infinity...theres free transfers being given out soon so hold your money then come over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

infinity.... toughest pvpers? your kidding right?... they are just as good.... and just as bad as anywhere else.... just far fewer in numbers

and you can buy the complete pack for €20, gives you the expansions aswell, just so ya know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

humanji wrote:
    I installed it about 2 months (i think) ago just to give it a whirl and it too just under a week to update fully!

Indeed. Decided to give this a go myself and the update time currently remaining is 87h 47m 17s.

Madness!

ive tried a few of the other servers,
    and theyre piss easy compared to infinity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

I'm playing on Chimaera.

Best way of making money if you're returning is to use all lots for harvesters in the first 3 - 4 weeks, and don't craft anything, its quicker to just sell the resources, and make sure to have harvesters running _all_ the time, even junk resources sell for 3 - 5 CPU.

Also, SOE gave out ITV's (Instant Travel Vehicle) a few months back, my sub was inactive at the time but I wrote to their support, just said that I've had an account for 1180days but didn't get the ITV, a day later I got the ITV on both my toons.

Advertisement