Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I do?

Options
  • 31-05-2007 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Ok so iv being doing all honours subjects up till now.....but unfortuntely to my graduation partying and over stressing i got sick and have being confined to bed for the last 5 days....ie doing NO STUDY:(

so now im thinking i should drop to a pass subject
    FRENCH or IRISH :confused::confused::confused:

got C's in both in mocks

if i fail french i dont go to unniversity

the irish course is SO SO long

So what would u do?:D :confused::D

oh and I should add im a last minute crammer...havnt done much work and was planning to do it during this last week but ya....:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Well, you should probably work out what kind of points you need for your first choice, and decide based on that.

Maybe you should start cramming on the use of apostrophes first :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Drop to pass Irish, it's pish

Why would you drop back to pass in a subject that you got a C in honours at mocks? Given that you've an extra 3 months of potential learning between the mocks and the LC. You're several grades off failing, so it isn't like you were borderline for your mocks. And remember, you already have some of your result waiting for you from the oral.

Would you be ok for points if you do French at pass level?
    Fremen wrote:
    Maybe you should start cramming on the use of apostrophes first :rolleyes:

Hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭sunflowerz

What are apostrophes????

I'm jokin'

A1 in english here I come...........

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Make sure you have all requirements covered in terms of literature, short stories, poems for the Ordinary Level syllabus if you are considering switching.

The Ordinary Level is not just a simpler version of the Higher paper. Sometimes entire sections are different.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Don't drop to pass, just cram. You'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

If you were to drop, drop Irish for the simple reason that you've more time to cram French.

Advertisement