Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange problem

Options
  • 31-05-2007 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

OK, here it goes. My problem is that every time i am online my computer seems to decide that it has had enough. Sounds strange but it is, I will be downloading at 200kbps for and hour or so and then it will drop to .8kbps and stay like that untill i leave it offline to "recharge" for as long as necessary. The longer I leave it off the longer download I get when i turn it on again. I have plugged my girlfriends laptop into the exact same connection when my computer is not working and it works fine, I can download several gigabytes no problem. This has been going on for months and yesterday I reformatted, thinking everything would be fine, but no such luck. Same problem. I havn't a clue what it could be, especially after a reformat, but if anyone can shed some light on this I would be much obliged.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

OK, here it goes. My problem is that every time i am online my computer seems to decide that it has had enough. Sounds strange but it is, I will be downloading at 200kbps for and hour or so and then it will drop to .8kbps and stay like that untill i leave it offline to "recharge" for as long as necessary. The longer I leave it off the longer download I get when i turn it on again. I have plugged my girlfriends laptop into the exact same connection when my computer is not working and it works fine, I can download several gigabytes no problem. This has been going on for months and yesterday I reformatted, thinking everything would be fine, but no such luck. Same problem. I havn't a clue what it could be, especially after a reformat, but if anyone can shed some light on this I would be much obliged.
    Thanks.
    Are you sure your ISP is not throttleing you back for excessive use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭col_nicholson

well.. That would have been a possibility but for the fact that it works on my girlfriends laptop perfectly.

Advertisement