Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 6th Looms Ominously

Options
  • 31-05-2007 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭

On the 8th day the Lord Of Education came down and said "We shall have a final test of mind of the young, it will be tortuous, stressful and nerve destroying. It will lead to much scratching out of eyeballs. We shall call this....The Leaving Certificate"

All that ****e aside, there are about 5 days left until the "biggest exam of your lives.....ever......ever.....ever" So what do y'all think of it? Storm in a teacup?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭sunflowerz

storms in a teacup????

how bout storms in a big massive ass TEAPOT???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

pfft, what's the big deal?

No, really? It's just an exam. Just like any other summer test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭sunflowerz

well sometimes im compleately relaxed bout it

but then there are those other times when i just wish that i had started studying b4 now...............

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

JC 2K3 wrote:

Excellent. Welcome to my world.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn7xtbXoBMg

The way I see it is someone going for high points will have studied consistantly through the year and be grand, therefore no need to worry.

The others who possibly haven't done this only need lower points and therefore it's really not all that hard and not a reason to get stressed out.

Of course, if someone is going for a high points course and hasn't done enough work at this point then they might have reason to be worried, but in the long run they're probably too immature for college if that's the case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭blondie07

Tbh im not really that nervous. yet. iv only really put my head down in the last week and a half. Im set for english, french and biology, so that's making me feel a bit calm. leaving history till the weekend before tho. i duno, i dont think i realy understand how important it is, it sort of just seems like another exam, im not really thinking about the implications! nd sure, as i always say, worrying will do u absolutely no good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Tomlowe

JC 2K3 wrote:

in fairness, the direction of your future is rarely changed by getting an A2 instead of an A1 in a summer exam

June 6th 1944: D-Day in Europe

63 years on....

June 6th 2007: Start of the leaving cert exams

Maybe I'm exaggerating slightly but they're both world shattering events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭óbriain1988

hahaha i think the lads had it a small bit harder than us...... to be fair though, nothing beats an aul bit of attention.... so like, oh it's sooooooooooo hard! :(:(

Tomlowe wrote:
    in fairness, the direction of your future is rarely changed by getting an A2 instead of an A1 in a summer exam
    It's rarely the case in the LC either, unless it's a really high points course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

cson wrote:
    Maybe I'm exaggerating slightly

just maybe :P

Seriously though, I'm just trying to avoid all hype surrounding said quiz, particularly in the media... any sort of panic will completely offset the progress you make studying... I'd say we'll all be calmer once English is over...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

I was feeling grand until all the CAO forms and colleges wishing you luck stuff came in the post. Then I took a look outside, saw the barren wastelands that is Donegal and swore that I'd never EVER spend another year in this ****hole. I'm not exactly stressing out completely, but I haven't had a decent night's sleep in about a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

colleges wishing you luck stuff came in the post

No one sent me Good Luck stuff.:( Meanies! Hopefully it's a sign that I won't need luck!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

I was feeling grand until all the CAO forms and colleges wishing you luck stuff came in the post. Then I took a look outside, saw the barren wastelands that is Donegal and swore that I'd never EVER spend another year in this ****hole. I'm not exactly stressing out completely, but I haven't had a decent night's sleep in about a week.
    Hahaha.I'm in exactly the same situation.Hell one of the main reasons I want to go to university is to get out of Ballybofey.....Stupid Ballybofey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Hahaha.I'm in exactly the same situation.Hell one of the main reasons I want to go to university is to get out of Ballybofey.....Stupid Ballybofey.
    Pfft. Ballybofey's a feckin metropolis compared to my barren wastelands.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Pfft. Ballybofey's a feckin metropolis compared to my barren wastelands.
    Hahaha.Wheres that?Oh well.Pretty much every part of Donegal makes me sick........Especially Convoy and Drumkeen.Damn them both.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

cson wrote:
    Maybe I'm exaggerating slightly

Not really!:D

BTW whats all this colleges sending you good luck wishes?I feel unwanted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭adamcp

Hahaha.Wheres that?Oh well.Pretty much every part of Donegal makes me sick........Especially Convoy and Drumkeen.Damn them both.

Not to mention the football Harps play. Me, I'm in letterkenny

Quite the Donegal clique we have here. thats 3 of ye so far. Im surprised, I thought travelling to Sligo/Derry to use the interweb would be a bitch every day.

cson wrote:
    Quite the Donegal clique we have here. thats 3 of ye so far. Im surprised, I thought travelling to Sligo/Derry to use the interweb would be a bitch every day.

Sligo's worse if anything........................What size of an antenna do you need to pick up broadband in that caravan of yours??

• Advertisement

adamcp wrote:
    Sligo's worse if anything........................What size of an antenna do you need to pick up broadband in that caravan of yours??

Well the locals in Sligo may not be that developed as a race but at least they have running water and electricity.

I park beside the local library where i've dug into their broadband system.

cson wrote:
    Well the locals in Sligo may not be that developed as a race but at least they have running water and electricity.

I park beside the local library where i've dug into their broadband system.

and does your caravan have piped water and is it connected to the grid i.e. not your generator that's annoying all the students in the library

of course you wouldn't have parked there b/c you like to read :rolleyes:

Meh. The Leaving Cert will come and go very quickly. Then you'll have a few months of forgetting what it's all about, and then the middle of August will hit with the CAO season. That's when the madness will hit...

Advertisement