Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

geography 2007 predictions.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

There will be lots of choice, i really wouldn't worry, with Geography your always going to be able to write something for the elective and regional questions from your general knowledge, and section 1 will get you 60+ marks. ;)

I just realised yesterday that if you get full marks in the report, in the short questions, and in all 3 A parts...that is 48% without having touched the essay questions. So that is a big plus for all you guys out there on that end of the scale.
    If you are looking for your A, well you cant afford to miss out on too many SRP's, as if you miss out on 1, it costs you 4 marks, as OC goes down aswell. There is so much choice, so I really do not see myself getting below a B.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

My text book is eco and im pretty sure it has nothing on eu expansion on irish econony.

I do economics so i could answer that question but i wouldnt be sure if its the same points needed.....

My text book is eco and im pretty sure it has nothing on eu expansion on irish econony.

I do economics so i could answer that question but i wouldnt be sure if its the same points needed.....

You may want to take a gander at last year's paper:

Examine the impact of EU expansion on Ireland's economy and/or culture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭maggie18x

im listening to the geog podcast at the mo but he said that biomes might not come up so be carefull!!!
    for regional defo do an economic challenge facing each of the regions,an economic activity in each and about the eu coz its so topical

listen to it its really good: http://pc.rte.ie/2007/pc/pod-v-010607-12m58s-606-geography.mp3

Oh and by the way, I have the same book and find it awful. My teacher has given us out huge amounts of photocopies from other books and notes aswell to suppliment the book.

• Advertisement

no one seems to be doing culture and identity???i cant understand why we did cause deres 12different topics they could ask whereas with geocology deres only 4.......ah well:(

It seems to be an odd choice, most people seem to be doing geoecology. But im sure it is quite managable itself.
    Ahh, got so much work to do in the next 10 hours, honours maths and geography....:eek:

thats it i have to get off this d=site its soooo physctracking its unbelievable.
    GET OFF THIS SITE AND STUDY!!!!!!

I will kill someone if there is no biome question!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

My headings for a biome:
    Climate
    Temperature
    Precipitation levels

Soil
    Aridisol
    Processes involved in forming an aridisol
    Calcification/Salinisation

Vegetation
    Adaptations required to survive, i.e. waxy outer layers, short life cycles, taproots, radial roots, storing water in pulp
    Irrigation leading to improved natural environment

Fauna
    Adaptations of animals, e.g nocturnal, produce uric acid rather than urine, long ears, methods of saving energy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

maggie18x wrote:
    i about the eu coz its so topical

Don't do the EU for regional. You might think it's all general knowledge, but they screwed me last year when I answered that question. You have to have all these different impacts on Ireland, and it's really hard to get full marks as it takes so long to get it all down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭blondie07

Me too! i dont really see it happening, the biome is a pretty important part of the option. my teacher's corrected papers for 12 years and we skimmed over soil cuz she said we'd def have a biome question. if there's no biome question, perhaps il kill her! ;)

nedward wrote:
    Don't do the EU for regional. You might think it's all general knowledge, but they screwed me last year when I answered that question. You have to have all these different impacts on Ireland, and it's really hard to get full marks as it takes so long to get it all down.

i think theres a good chance of sovernity coming up..thats how they might vary the question.

its official i am addicted to boards.how will i cope after this leaving is finished in three days.........happy days:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭melsman

i'll go with you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

Who is fretting about geography? Even at higher level its next to impossible to fail. I did no study for it last year, at all, and came out with a c2 (higher).

Although I am interested in geography, so I probably just picked up the stuff as the year went along and remembered it. That and how easy it is to bull**** an answer in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

It's 7pm and i still have half the geog course to flick through. I also have lots of maths studying and proof learning to do.

Oh foooooooooook :rolleyes:

It's 7pm and i still have half the geog course to flick through. I also have lots of maths studying and proof learning to do.

Oh foooooooooook :rolleyes:

Same here man, i have to write out a human interference essay :'(

and study maths and do the rest of the geog course hsdvnsdjfvnsdjnhosdvnsdjfhjkasdhfuisrftsejhfjsdusdghfuioshdih

AAAARRRRGHHH

has anyone any advice or tips for the culture and identity option????

yeah me too i have so much geog its not even funny....

is averyone here banking on rivers for question one and if they are what do they think is gonna come up.its seriously gonna be an all nighter tonight for me...:(
    my eyes in the morning....:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 sully88

Aone got tips for the economic elective? I would say there will be something on MNC's, the environmental impact of econimic activites(global warming).
    Is language pretty much a guarantee for culture/identity option as was not asked last year nad the other 3 were?

yeah its hotly tipped anyways im prayin that it will come up.ill have a fit if it doesnt.but they could be put on religion as a cultural indicator just to screw us all..
    ive also done an essay on the balkans if they ask about a distincive region.
    if you have the edco book look in the very front of your book and see the syllabus outline.dat is only what they can ask u on.but if they ask anything to do with racial conflict or ethnicity i am screwed or anything to do with the culural groups without nationality or conflict between cultural groups and political boundaries.
    im leavin out migration and colonialism defo...

Language all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!

by the way how long does your essays be.mines 2 and a half to 3.is that too short or too long?
    :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭blondie07

Most definately banking on rivers. its the only thing iv studied from the physical. well, i mean i obviously know enough of the other stuff to get me through the short questions but really im screwed if it doesnt come up. no sleep tonight. dont care, finished wednesday! wooh!!!!

yeah blondie im only doin rivers too dey better not change the paper around.
    rivers checklist:
    sketchmap drainage
    glacial/coastal/rivers/mass movement features foR part A
    two landforms one on erosion one on deposition
    isostatic processes
    human interaction
    how a surface process can change over time

have i left anything out??

My option quesions are about 3-4 pages but I have maps of regions such as the basques and where romansch is spoken in switzerland.
    Wouldnt "minority languages are in danger of becomming extinct"be such a nice question??!It was on my pre.

omg id love it my language essay is:
    intro
    irish
    euskada the basque lang
    welsh
    overdominance of english effesting minority lang
    conclusion

omg we dont have time in the examine to even inhale.its gonna be so pressurized...what else are u doin for culture and identity?

emm not much! lol. I think i will look over nation/state but that will be it! I only took up geog this year so its been hard ta get the course covered.

yeah im repeating this year too.fat lot of good it did an all......talk bout pressure!what are u hoping to do?

well ive pharmacy down first choice, but i dont think i will get it. I will take civil engineering or PE (both in UCC). How bout you?

im thinkin of doin radiography in ucd but thats still gonna be really hard to get.i hope u get pharmacy fare play to ya if ya do!i hear cork is some good spot for the craic!!omg this year flew by so fast.i wish it was back starting again so i could have studyed more but what can i do...best of luck tomorrow i have to get off this its too distracting.......:p

if theres one bit of advice i would give about this exam is to watch your timing.thats how i totally focked it up last year and it will bring your grade down by 10% if you dont get time to do even one 30mark question so be carefull!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

magher wrote:
    I studied South west America and can't find of any economic challenges?
    Over dependance on cars, you can write a lot about that and urban sprawl
    congestion etc

• Advertisement

ye me too, i have to do some maths as well! Best of luck to you aswell!:)

Advertisement