Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Am I missing something.....

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Very nice, commited-a bit of a change from your last machine :)

land9, E30 discussion aplenty can be found on E30owners.com

I was a bit slow to post the URL until I realised that it was mentioned here a few times in the past anyway. I'm a member there myself, although I haven't posted in a while-and have found it very helpful. Would recommend to a friend.

Best of luck with your search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Dr. Seuss

commited wrote:
    Couldnt agree more ;)

This is mine:

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    5.jpg

I drove an M3 and knew that I had to get my behind into an e30. I knew there was no way I could insure an M3, so after talking to a friend who's owned M3s, 325i Sports and a 318iS's, he told me his old 318iS was his favourite out of the lot. I bought this one after 3 months searching for the right car. It has absolutely no problem keeping up with 325i Sports, and handles like a dream.

I was going to go for a 325i Sport, but when I did the sums, the 318iS made so much more sense. Insurance is only €1100TPFT for me, 22 1 year NCB, tax is €580ish I think and it's great on juice (worst ive seen is 28mpg, cruising at anywhere between 40 and 65, I'm seeing 40+mpg), 90mph (on private roads of course) is bang on 30mpg.

I have a company car too, and I've considered selling it loads of times, but everytime I drive it I realise I cant sell it.

Buy a 318iS folks :D
    I really don't get peope's fascinations with 15-20 yo box shaped BMWs. Can someone fill me in?Am I missing something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

It isn't really necessary to quote the whole post in your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Dr. Seuss wrote:
    I really don't get peope's fascinations with 15-20 yo box shaped BMWs. Can someone fill me in?Am I missing something?
    Have you driven a good one?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I have driven newer BMWs. There is nothing like the E30 tbh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Dr. Seuss wrote:
    I had no love for them until I drove one. Coming from a car renound for its handling, a Mini, I found that the e30 handles even better and can chew up long journeys comfortably.

My advice is, if you enjoy driving, go and see what all the fuss is about :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

e30 = drivers car, sucessive 3 series are for "owning" not driving. If you see what I mean.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Dr. Seuss

mike65 wrote:
    e30 = drivers car, sucessive 3 series are for "owning" not driving. If you see what I mean.

Mike.
    I guess I'll have to drive one!

Advertisement