Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows & Doors like

Options
  • 31-05-2007 8:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

I'm always in here looking for a recommendation or other, today I'm looking for someone that makes doors. PVC preferably, I think.

Thanks,
    adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

The only recommendation I can give is, do not use Window Masters. I can go into detail in PM if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

My parents recently got Senator Windows to do new windows and a new external door for them. They were happy with the job they did, I can get the number of the guy who did it for them if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

The only advice I can give is NOT to get PVC windows and doors. They look cheap, nasty and tacky. Particularly on older buildings.
    In particular, do not get PVC doors. These come in standard sizes and are made to fit the 'door hole' (very technical term :) by using ridiculously ugly and cheap looking door frames.
    Get some decent wood windows and doors. They should last as long as PVC and recent advances mean they are just as energy effecient.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The Senator site lists Halo nesf, is that right?

EDIT: I don't agree MrTea. Aluminium dated, certainly, and some PVC doors and windows are pretty nasty, but there's nothing wrong with a nice plain door imho.

I'm replacing a timber door. It's in bits.

adam

dahamsta wrote:
    The Senator site lists Halo nesf, is that right?

I don't know, my parents will be up tomorrow and I can get the details off them. From the look I got at my parents place they do a fairly good job. Not cheap, but in this kind of stuff you get what you pay for really.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Thanks. I've no problem paying above average for good work, as long as the prices aren't totally out there.

adam

dahamsta wrote:
    Thanks. I've no problem paying above average for good work, as long as the prices aren't totally out there.

Nah it wasn't that crazy. They got eight large windows, one very large window, two small windows, a patio, a backdoor and a porch (two sides of glass) done for about thirteen or fourteen thousand which wasn't bad considering the amount of work done. There was a lot of glass involved (80's bungalow type thing).

Try Leo West in Carrigaline.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

You could try Wesco as well They're based in Ballineen but their windows are made in Bandon by another company who supply other companies as well (Think they supply Senator as well) We've never had a problem with Wesco windows anyway

Advertisement