Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DDR11 Memory.

Options
  • 31-05-2007 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

I had this posted on the Komplett forum but I got no answers yet so I hope someone here can help out.

I was just looking at Kompletts Weekly Offers and the advertised memory "OCZ Gold DDR2 PC6400 2048MB KIT, w/two 1024MB PC6400 XTC,CL4-5-5-15, Rev2." I wento to their site and have got a bit confused with all the memory they have. So I'd be grateful if anyone can recommend some matched DDR11 for me. I am using an MS-7235 (which according to MSI Site is K9N4 SLI.

Mick.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

There is no such thing as DDR11 only DDR, DDR-2 and the very new DDR-3.

The K9N4 SLI uses DDR-2 RAM so the OCZ DDR-2 800/PC6400 2GB kit is compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I think he meant DDR2, as in DDR-II, the roman numeral system we all love from the Rocky movies...but for some reason used the arabic numeral system used today.

There is a list in the sticky showing the hierarchy of DDR2 memory. PC6400 runs at 800MHz, good timings are 4-4-4-12. That OCZ stuff should be fine, what system is it for though and do you plan to overclock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭obewan

Sorry for not getting back sooner. Thanks for the information.

Also "I think he meant DDR2, as in DDR-II;" is what I intended to say so excuse my bad typing.

Mick.

Advertisement