Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTHell/UPC(Useless Piece of Crap)

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

inforfun wrote:
    Well, from the moment i noticed that the connection (most of all the upload) was gone i did several speed tests every evening.
    First 3 months i called them on a daily basis but since that was getting me nowhere except high phonebills is stopped doing that. From that moment on i just emailed them at least once a week.

Speedtests and emails i still have, phonecalls are quite hard to proof apart from the fact that calls made with my mobile i do have proof of as well.

I wouldnt be so pissed off as i am with them now if they at least had tried to come to a solution. But their arrogant attitude, their neglect and the complete incompetence of their customer support got me to a point that i am prepared to do whatever it takes to get what i have been paying for.

I sympathise with you totally but just make sure you have yourself covered thats all I am saying - it is so easy to come out on the wrong side of these things no matter how correct you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

inforfun wrote:

Speedtests and emails i still have, phonecalls are quite hard to proof apart from the fact that calls made with my mobile i do have proof of as well....

No really you write down the time date of call who you spoke to and the general gist of the converstation. Then send them a letter or email along the lines of ...further to our phone converstation where mr X said Y...etc. I do this all the time to confirm what was said in a phone converstation because someone using it so not to leave a paper trail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

dub45 wrote:
    Yes I agree with you the lack of communication is extraordinary - ....
    Although I do get a direct communication from them at least once a week offering me their digital tv service.

Same here but about the phone service. I'm going to complain to them about it the next time. I wish they'd use people who canspeak clearly, most of them have strong accents complelely unsuited to telesales.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

_CyRuSS_ wrote:
    well i never got any notice :mad:

As for Smart. Ok I am out of the loop, but last I heard about Smart was they were terrible, and going bankrupt. Has something happened since then?

Nope, that was Eircon's spin, and it seems to have worked quite well. Most people I tell I'm with Smart say "didn't they go bust?".

Mind you, that's also largely Smart's fault for not advertising "we're still here" enough.

They dropped their phone only service, but bundled broadband is still fine.

They did shed a lot of customer service people, and I did here early this year a lot of people complaining about long set-up times, but if you can get it it's well worth it. Had my first service loss that I've noticed in at least 6 months last Friday morning, and it was back up inside 2 hours. Apart from that I'm getting solid 4Mb donwloads the whole time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭_CyRuSS_

MOH wrote:
    Nope, that was Eircon's spin, and it seems to have worked quite well. Most people I tell I'm with Smart say "didn't they go bust?".

Mind you, that's also largely Smart's fault for not advertising "we're still here" enough.

They dropped their phone only service, but bundled broadband is still fine.

They did shed a lot of customer service people, and I did here early this year a lot of people complaining about long set-up times, but if you can get it it's well worth it. Had my first service loss that I've noticed in at least 6 months last Friday morning, and it was back up inside 2 hours. Apart from that I'm getting solid 4Mb donwloads the whole time.

actually, it wasn't just that.. i even went to Smart telecoms corporate website, and it showed their share prices or whatever (i don't really know this stuff) but it did have a pretty graph, which went very very low, just about to the €0 mark.... looked like they were having a lot of trouble at the time, maybe they're out of that now and back on the way up... if that's the case, good for them... we need more competition here

funny tho, since then it seems they've removed the Share prices page from their website, probably because of the embarrassing graph/prices... wonder what they're worth now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Grommet

they are privately owned now - so no publicly quoted share price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭,8,1

Are NTL enforcing their broadband cap lately? I'm pretty sure I've exceeded it on occasion but I've not been automatically upgraded to their dearer packages which is what the procedure is supposed to be...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭okcomputer

holy **** you people experiencing slow speeds are lucky, my connection is completely out. can you get smart without signing up to their phone package? whats irishbroadband DSL like?

Advertisement