Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metal gear solid confirmed for 360

• 31-05-2007 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a58390/metal-gear-solid-4-confirmed-for-xbox-360.html?rss
    Formely announced as a PlayStation 3 exclusive, Konami's Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots will now also be released on Xbox 360, with a cut-down Nintendo Wii version also a possibility, according to online reports.

The new game in the multi-million selling franchise will feature objective-based missions, while Xboxliveaddicts claims the Xbox 360 version will also include exclusive content and gameplay not offered in the PS3 edition.

Starring the infamous character Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, as with other titles in the series, is being created by renowned designer Hideo Kojima.

A Konami spokesman said of the PS3 edition: "The game is set after the events of MGS2 and players will reprise the role of top secret agent Solid Snake with appearances by characters throughout the MGS series. With the addition of online capability, MGS4 is a leading product and will signal the dawn of a new gaming era for the MGS series."

The firm also added: "MGS4 brings a totally new concept and situation, resulting in the toughest Metal Gear infiltration mission ever devised."

Industry insiders claim publisher Konami is also in talks with Nintendo to bring a cut-down MGS game to the Wii.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots will be released in 2008.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

HAHA id say xbox owners across the world are jsut laughing giving very rude jestures to ps3 fans, that was their safe bet of how their console would better the 360....bermp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Brilliant a dont have to go and buy a ps3 now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

As I said in the Nintendo thread; a more reliable source would be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Ha ha ha, bye bye PS3! That removes any thoughts I may have had of buying a PS3, no reason now!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I wouldn't believe it yet, no where else is reporting it even though its up since this morning and no source is given

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

If this is true, one word:

BEAUTIFUL:D :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

My first thought was "Un-****in-believable" and it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

My first thought was "Un-****in-believable" and it is.

Normally I would agree, but I just think digitalspy is quite respected. It is worrisome that nobody else is reportiing it though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Dont get too excited yet people. If this is true, it is indeed the best of the best news.
    HOWEVER...
    There are strong suggestions that this may not be the truth. After all, there have been numerous mumblings about the game only being able to fit on BluRay etc...
    Wait until an official announcement before bringing out the bubbly.
    EDIT: And it aint on the Kotaku, so therefore I am a non-believer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

This is completely false people. As much as I would like it to be true it isn't.

I'm a 360 owner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Meh. *shrug*

Really must get back to MGS2 on the old 'box..ah something to do tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

thats a damn shame:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Dont get too excited yet people. If this is true, it is indeed the best of the best news.
    HOWEVER...
    There are strong suggestions that this may not be the truth. After all, there have been numerous mumblings about the game only being able to fit on BluRay etc...
    Wait until an official announcement before bringing out the bubbly.
    EDIT: And it aint on the Kotaku, so therefore I am a non-believer.

That was exactly my reaction... I have kotaku perpetually open in a tab, if it ain't on there, it ain't happening!

Won't believe anything unless Kojima-san says it!!!

dont have to fit on one disc, can give multiple discs....didnt they do that with mgs2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,620 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

pure bull ****

even Kojima said its a ps3 exclusive

cant find the link but also saw it on itv game section

itv text channel 805

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

I'm not on any 'side' when it comes to the 360 VS the PS3, but to me it seems
    pretty likely that it will go multi format unless they sell a very very large amount of units on the PS3.

...but i can't see them announcing that until after it's hit the PS3. It's one of the few things the PS3 has going for it right now, and i'd very surprised if Sony let the advantage slide when the game isn't even out until next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Deception217

You people don't actually believe this do you? a cut down wii version, don't make me laugh. This may see the light of day on 360 some time down the line, but not on the same day as PS3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Yeah, it sounds like lies to me, though I'd love if it were true! The Wii stuff makes it even more unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

http://www.talkxbox.com/article2180.html

n response to the Joystiq article and speculation on Konami’s fiscal report, Ryan from the KP podcast has stated the following: “I thought I’d set the record straight here. When I read the Joystiq article it says if Metal Gear Solid 4 remains a PS3 exclusive, as Konami insists it will, Sony can expect to sell plenty more consoles before March 31st. Please listen to the podcast, I don’t think I’ve insisted MGS4 is exclusive to the Playstation 3.”

You can find the podcast here:http://mp.i-revo.jp/user.php/kp-ryan/entry/97.html

I’d say that pretty much confirms it folks, get ready for Snake to infiltrate your 360.

make off that what you will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭collie1

to be honest, i dont give a **** if it comes to 360 or not. Ive always thought the splinter cell series was way better than MGS. If they announced Conviction was multiplatform, then I would be pissed.

And anway if it does come, dont expect it until at least the end of 2008

• Advertisement

I dont see why everyone was so eager to call this lies tbh ? XBOX 360 is the console at the moment, theres more out there then ps3's, and probably will be till this game comes out.

Its bout making money, hence why gta will be on xbox, they will make money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

What he said.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I dont see why everyone was so eager to call this lies tbh ? XBOX 360 is the console at the moment, theres more out there then ps3's, and probably will be till this game comes out.

Eager to call it lies because;

A. When was the last time you got your gaming exclusives/news from DigitalSpy?
    B. There was no source for the info.
    C. Metal Gear 4 on the Wii... let's be real for a moment.

Yep, it's about making money, which is why I think we are seeing less and less exclusives, which I'm pretty happy about. Hopefully eliminating fanboyism and making the consoles compete more on price etc... while the gamers get all the games for the price of one console.

A) i dont really look on those sites for gaming info, i get them off the official developer sites.

B) Read A :)

C) They brought farcry out on the wii, so thers no get real about it they do it :)

MGS has gone into shadows, MGS2 ( the one with raven forget numbers) was a visual masterpiece but was a vast dissapointment with its puny short length and easy completition.

Since Metal Gear solid was released on ps1, it enjoyed a short popularity, until the likes of syphon filter arrived which completely overhauled it, now we have the rainbow six series, splinter cells, the forthcoming assassins creed.

MGS4 needs a big stage to perform, again it looks visually impressive as they all have but that was never the problem it ws always game length, i finished MGS2 first time on hardest mode in 5 hours. Normal mode in 4. That was in the top 10 on their website for over 6 months.

This game needs to be sent to every available platform, to every gamer, if they truly want success. They cannot bank on the ps3, its evident that the bulk ps3 sales where at launch and not much more will be sold till titles like mgs4 are coming out regularly.

Expect to see snake on your xbox in 08.

Advertisement