Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista windows media player

• 31-05-2007 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

I am currently using windows vista and i want to remove windows media player. I checked add/remove programs and can't find it listed, probably cause its a windows program. I know XP you can select windows programs in add/rem, but i can't find anything like that in Vista.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

You cannot entirely remove windows media player , you can roll back to a previous version , the version that came with the install , ( if you upgraded ! ) but you cant remove it entirely ,

http://www.auditmypc.com/uninstall-media-player10beta.asp

If you want to use a different program for media , then use file associations to tie your media files to your preferred player , that way when you click on them they open up in your preferred player and not media centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I'm curious as to why you would want to uninstall it?...just don't use it. If you want to use another program to play your media, you can just associate that particular program with the media types.

I'm not sure you can do it in Vista Home as it's integrated with Media Center...you might be able to do it in Vista Ultimate if you go to the "Windows Features" section of Control Panel/Programs and Features.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

You cant remove WMP11 from Vista as it is the stock embedded player in the operating system.

It's presence doesn't affect the system in any fashion so I don't really understand why you want to remove it, if you want an alternative use Media Player Classic instead.

{If for a specific reason you need to use an earlier version of WMP use Virtual PC and install XP on it & that will get you WMP9 or 10)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

go to the add/remove programs jobber.

then enable/disable windows components

disable windows media player

Advertisement