Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Very strange dream

• 01-06-2007 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

Tuesday night I had a very odd dream that I'm finding hard to understand. If nothing else people may find it funny, so I'll share.:) I was topless, and I apparently had a second set of nipples, which afaik were on either side of my belly. They were extremely tender to the touch, in a way that I've never felt with my "real ones". I may have been pregnant, or it may have just been my belly protuding in a bloated way, I'm not sure. It seemed to swell and drop back a little bit, so I don't want to say for certain that I had a pregnant belly. (I'm male btw). So I was talking to some faceless people (apparently this is common in dreams where one is naked and feeling shame). I was not reproached for my nudity nor my extra nipples, even though I felt extremely uncomfortable.

That's about all I can remember. The odd thing is that I can't think of any triggers from the day before, where normally a little introspection would usually show me what had been the impetus behind a dream. So does anyone have any thoughts on this dream?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The odd thing is that I can't think of any triggers from the day before
    Perhaps from "I am only reading Freud's interpretation of dreams at the minute..." quoted from another thread in this forum (and the women's case studies you mentioned therein)?

Or perhaps you watched some old James Bond film where the male antagonist had two extra nipples?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I had considered the possibility of Freud's influence, but I hadn't read the book for a few days and it was only after the dream that I read about inhibition dreams. I wouldn't rule it out completely but I'm not sure it was the cause.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Maybe you recently witnessed a bitch feeding her pups, projecting into your dream? Or perhaps you got carried away with a g/f and was empathising vicariously with her in your dream? Just guessing... obviously! Which is the rigour of most attempts at dream interpretation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Roffles it didn't happen but now I wish it did. It was the day before my Grandad's funeral, so if I were to look for something that had happened that was out of the ordinary, that would be it. However I don't know how that would translate into the events of my dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

you say your grandad had just died, hence the feeling of vunerability, ie: the extra nipples, also allowing your tender side to be seen, having hang ups about seeing certain family members,feelings of being inadequet perhaps, but being told nobody really minds how different you are to them ,hence the reason why nobody paid any attention to you being naked and having extra nipples,it disnt matter that you were different,so overall, dont be afrais of who you are,nobody minds, you are respected.

• Advertisement
Advertisement