Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB options around Swords/Applewood

Options
  • 01-06-2007 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey everyone,

I've been in Ireland for a job opportunity for a little over 6 months now and now seeing myself properly settled down I've begun to inquire a bit about getting a proper internet connection going. Now as I'm completely new to how this works here in Ireland I had a few questions, hopefully I could get a few useful responses and pointers here.

I signed up for a contract with Clearwire basically because "it was there" and it was available for me the next day once I had my computer brought over. I'm an avid player of WoW and while I've managed so far, the constant disconnects and lagspikes are really getting to me as they annoyingly interrupt the little time I get to play.

However another reason was because atm I'm sharing a place with 3 other guys and we don't seem to have a real landline. One of them has a phoneline upstairs but there doesn't seem to be one "for the house". Now I've done a little snooping around but I'm still not too sure on what I should do.

I take it I have to contact the Eircom company and inquire about the possibility of getting a phone line in my room? From what I've gathered that can take 20 days or so, but there shouldn't be any other inherent difficulties to that considering there's already a line in the house should there be?
    What happens after? Do I basically get a working active line and can I start getting a good BB package from one of the ISP's around? I've been looking at Magnet mostly because of good feedback, but I haven't had a response yet if they're available in my area (Applewood, just above Swords, sent a mail to their sales dept). Does anyone have any feedback on that?

Finally, would there be any pitfalls I'd have to look out for?

Advertisement