Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Tinure like?

Options
  • 01-06-2007 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Anyone care to share any info on this village. May be looking for a house up that way. I'll be commuting to Leixlip.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

A bit lacking in services. There seems to be a decent amount of new houses being built there. Services are a bit lacking there I feel. It used to have a name for being a bit rough (strange for a rural area, I know) but it seems to have settled down now. Personally, I don't like the village area that much. It does have the school in it and a shop, and the church too if it takes your fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Nuttzy wrote:
    I wouldnt even call it a village! A little too basic and deserted and crap.

i concure, its out in the wilderness and is like one of those deserted highway 66 towns you do see from the states, having said that, i've only ever driven through it, it may be a nice place to live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

Tinure/Tenure,

It would not be my 1st choice to be honest. Houses are overpriced given the infrastructure. It is not Drogheda and to get to the town figure 10 minutes minimum. One other issue you have is whereabouts in Tinure? It is a big place.
    If not too personal whereabouts are you looking to purchase? In one of the estates?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

honestly, i wouldnt go near it

you could try dunleer, which is just up the road

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Guvnor wrote:
    Tinure/Tenure,

It would not be my 1st choice to be honest. Houses are overpriced given the infrastructure. It is not Drogheda and to get to the town figure 10 minutes minimum. One other issue you have is whereabouts in Tinure? It is a big place.
    If not too personal whereabouts are you looking to purchase? In one of the estates?

Yeah Glenwood Abbey if i recall correctly. Seems like a nice little estate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I drove through Tinure yesterday ,first time in years and hasnt changed much at all, loads of new houses but shag all anything else
    Still a mouldy shop/petrol station and thats it .
    Wouldnt be very appealing at all to live out there in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 avicbebaldemelt

nice little estate if you have 600k !
    have a brother that lives there nice clean estate full of jeeps and bmws .
    good place to raise kids but feck all else to do!

nice little estate if you have 600k !
    have a brother that lives there nice clean estate full of jeeps and bmws .
    good place to raise kids but feck all else to do!

yeah i saw that gaff for 600K. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

would reccomend dunleer too or even collon, both nice villages with alot more to offer and geographically in the same area as tinure

I agree with draffodx. As someone who lives in the parish, I always thought that Tinure was an awkward spot in terms of transport, and the reports of anti-social behaviour in the past didn't help impressions either.

• Advertisement

Yeah i heard about the anti social behaviour alright from someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ed-In-Chief

Hi I'm a new user,

I have been looking on line at properties in Tinure. I know absoutely nothing about the area; however, I was searching for something on it's ow, with a workshop and in a village setting and this house in my price range popped up in Tinure Village. Of course I saw 'village' and thought...'mmm, perfect.'

Now, having seen your reviews about 'anti-social behaviour' and very little facilities, should I not bother going to view the property?

I have transport, I am a professional and the house appears to be perfect but is the location going to be a nightmare? Help!!!

Ed-in-Chief.:confused:

It's not the worst area IMO, though if I was looking for an estate I'd go to Dunleer or further northwards.

As an aside, you can sort-of get broadband in Tinure but only some parts, even within the village, can get phoneline broadband and again only some parts have wireless coverage from Mt. Oriel. 3G coverage is moderate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

Hi I'm a new user,

I have been looking on line at properties in Tinure. I know absoutely nothing about the area; however, I was searching for something on it's ow, with a workshop and in a village setting and this house in my price range popped up in Tinure Village. Of course I saw 'village' and thought...'mmm, perfect.'

Now, having seen your reviews about 'anti-social behaviour' and very little facilities, should I not bother going to view the property?

I have transport, I am a professional and the house appears to be perfect but is the location going to be a nightmare? Help!!!

Ed-in-Chief.:confused:
    having lived there all my live i can vouch that there are NO anti social activities here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 johnnie66

I've lived there, just outside the village, for the last 2 nd a half years. Nice place, quiet, no anti-social activity. Depends what you're lookin for really......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

it's a lovely wee village i cycle through it fairly often ,go and have a look for yourself your only 10 minutes from drogheda town and dunleer and collon so not exactly a wilderness ;)

Advertisement