Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

how to install an amp??

Options
  • 01-06-2007 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭

rite, i want to put an amp and head unit into a 92,crx, how do i do it?, what do i need? can anyone out there do a diagram or help out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Short post as it's damn late and I'm tired. You'll need a wiring kit, you'll get one in Maplin for forty odd quid. Basic tools to go pulling at the car to get the wiring in. How neat are you going to be with it all? It can take an hour if you're just going to drill holes in it, but can take two days if you want to be good and anal about it all, making sure all the wiring is nice and tucked away. Get a set of radio keys to insert the head, and you might need a fascia adaptor to make sure the head fits in the centre console.
    All depending on the make and model of the head unit, you might need a series of adaptors for the harness in the car - to connect the audio and power cables to the head, and the aerial will probably need an adaptor for it. Any decent motor store should stock these.
    Are you putting in speakers or a sub too, or sticking with the stock ones?
    I upgraded the wiring in mine when installing the speakers, you might want to do this.
    Can you post up more details on the amp and head you're putting in? Best of luck with it mate. I found it to be the biggest single improvement on my car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

yeah will do.., i have xplod subs in from australia, where to put them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

put them on the back seat.

Advertisement