Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contact Form

Options
  • 01-06-2007 1:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

I'm having trouble creating a contact form for my website. Ive searched on Google and found some links/info, but they seem to talk in circles and I havent got the hang of it!

Would someone be able to create a form for me or perhaps guide me through the process in real lehmann's terms as I'm kinda slow with this whole thing.

Tanx,
    Darren

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Think of it in two parts...

The first part being the html you use to draw/present the form. (which is pretty straight-forward)
    There's a good primer on this side of things here.

Once you have it looking right, you just give names to all your inputs and set the form action to the path/name of your script.
    Generally you'll be using the POST method, which you should also add to the form tag.
    So something like this...
    <form action="scripts/formmail.php" method="post">
    Some form mail scripts might require you to use "hidden" inputs, but these will be well documented, so it's mostly just copy/paste.

The second part being the script that takes the user input once they hit submit.
    There are plenty of ready-made contact form scripts out there, but do some research on the one you settle on before using it... just incase it's old/abandoned and filled with security holes.
    I was looking at this one before, works quite well, and they seem to be keeping it up to date and improving it http://www.boaddrink.com

Advertisement