Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lap of the "Ring" in a Mazda 3 MPS.

Options
  • 01-06-2007 2:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭

Linky
    Ok so it's a hot version of the Mazda 3 but I wonder what went through the minds of the bikers as it flew past them or the evo(i think) driver that it kept up with for a bit. Probably not the car you thought would pass you on a lap of the ring.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

1. He got Smoked by the EVO.

2. Your mans voice would put you to sleep.

3. It would have been a lot better if we could actually see what speed he was doing, or even a picture-in-picture of the dash board.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Sounds like Steve Davis commentating zzzzzz. From reading the reviews of the car, it seems like it's really not set up to handle the power from the engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

cool link
    im taking a trip to "The Ring" myself hopefully in sept/oct the vid will definitely help me learn the corners. i thought filming was banned a few years back with a ban if your caught now. i was suprised how the mps3 held with the evo i wouldnt say it got exactly "smoked"

forget the mazda watch a porche and an austin martin get destroyed by a .......... ah i wont wreck it for you :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SW8CmgcfmE

also if anyone is interested in the ring check out
    http://nurburgring.org.uk/
    its pretty much the only resource you will need

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Cappo

I would also recommend Ben Lovejoy’s site – if you are going, read all of it carefully and pay special attention to the safety section – it may save your life or a very expensive bill! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

projectgtr wrote:
    im taking a trip to "The Ring" myself hopefully in sept/oct the vid will definitely help me learn the corners.

TBH I'd be wary about trying to learn corners before you get there. It's better to give yourself plenty of time and plenty of laps. There's several hiking/cycling tracks around the course too if you want to watch how the test drivers do it while the track is closed. Gran Turismo 3 is accurate up to a point. Some of the corners seem sharper and the 'bullet proof' driving sytle you use in a video game will get you killed IRL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

This has to be the best lap of the Ring :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Gran Turismo 3 is accurate up to a point.
    It was only in 4 wasn't it?
    Some of the corners seem sharper and the 'bullet proof' driving sytle you use in a video game will get you killed IRL.
    Yeah, especially regarding how unrealistic Gran Turismo really is, e.g. bashing off other cars to your advantage :D

How much does it cost to go there?

God man (Blitzkrieger) i dont intend on learning the track off from the video, just the sequence of corners for a rough guide.Dont worry about me, i have a full understanding of the widow maker and how bloody dangerous it can be and what kind of respect it must be given.

i will be going there in a new (to me) car, but ill try get in a couple of track sessions in mondelo if possible just to get use to lines and traffic.

>zilog_jones<
    if you want info on it check out the site i posted you, its pretty much all you need, enjoy.

i know its off topic but does anyone know of any camera mounts for a mini dv camera that doesnt need to be attached to a roll cage?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

While your there I would also get a ring taxi (M5), its about €180 for upto 3 people, worth every penny.

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭BigTommyBomb

Give the lap a go in Forza motorsport, much more realistic than the Gran Turismo version.
    Will be giving the real thing a bash in my beast VW Passat TDI this summer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

LOL!!!

there is another one quite similar with a charade turbo (very under estimated car) even funnier to watch:D

Advertisement