Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shadowrun - Anyone played it yet??

• 01-06-2007 8:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭

Anyone getting Shadowrun was looking forward to this till I saw a bad review for it on cvg.co.ukhttp://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=165065

Must admit I still think it looks good the magic is a great idea, has anyone played this or heard anything else about this yet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

All I've heard is no single player :|

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Demo on June 6th so I'll be waiting for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

have it at home for the last week but havent played it yet. no real point until it comes out officially and there are enough people playing online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

no single player?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Helix wrote:
    no single player?

Arghh none of that single player malarky.
    "The future of the industry" apparantly.
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Single player is just an extensive tutorial and bot matches.

I've not played much of it so far, but I've enjoyed a lot more than I expected to. Perhaps it's a little too complicated for its own good, and a proper single player component would have been great, but so far so good.

Arghh none of that single player malarky.
    "The future of the industry" apparantly.
    :rolleyes:
    We've been hearing this for years and there's still plenty of space for both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Seems like it would be great craic online but I cant get the damn thing 2 play online. Its not just me its the other 15 players too. Just as your about to start the game no one can move the characters and cannot connect to server flashes
    up for all the players :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

Iv been playing it all day and i have to say its class. The gameplay is so addictive. Its quite funny aswell to listen to the debates on keyboard&mouse vs controller. The PC players do not seem to have an advantage over us console players, which is was sort of worried about

Oh yeah, its only €50 in xtravision if anyone is thinking about getting it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

JM MARCONI wrote:

Oh yeah, its only €50 in xtravision if anyone is thinking about getting it

ahh good man xtravision it is so , i had the boss on the hunt for this last night but i knew it was selling cheaper than games €65 price tag and the smyths in blanch did not even have it in stock :rolleyes: .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Seems to be getting 6/10 reviews all over the place... think I'll be avoiding this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

For a game with no single player I'd expect a really special mp. From everything I'm reading online about his game, it's getting poor to medicore responces. I'll pass.

Everyone though that's played it has nothing but good to say about it, think I'll pick it up anyway.

I've heard some great things about it on other forums, still not sure about it though.

Dont listen to reviews. Not everybody likes the same games. Watch a few gameplay vids to help make up ur mind. I stayed up till 5 in the morning playing it and i never do that with games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Played this yesterday for a few hours. Its pretty good. Its far more complicated than say Halo or Gears, but once you get the hang its good fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

It came down in price today in work and I've been thinking of getting it just to see what it's like. Though I'll only buy it if my mate buys it cos I really hate playing online games on my own, much prefer teaming up with a mate so I can have a laugh while getting my ass handed to me (a la Halo 3)

Where do you work and how much did it come down to? :D

Game. Went from 65 to 55. Still cheaper elsewhere prolly, but I don't get my discount in other shops :D

Copy of what I wrote on CelticSnipers website.
    Ok I got this today and played through the tutorials and some bot matches. It does seem a bit manic and annoying (really buggy bot AI, normally you can destroy a dead body to stop it being brought back to life, but in one game where you can't destroy bodies the enemy spent all its ammo and about 2 mins trying to do just that....). Decided to try it on Live, 30 mins and found one game and got disconnected half way through (my connection is **** atm though so that part might not be the games fault), then I gave up and played some HL3 beta. Think it would be good though if we got 8 or 16 playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's ****ing brilliant. Kinda like Counter-Strike with magic really, but the way it's implemented is brilliant - teleporting through a wall, grabbing the flag before flying off with your glider while all the while your summoned demon is making mincemeat out of the other team. Seems to be a real love it or hate it game and it's not without its flaws - matchmaking takes forever. There's a demo out on Marketplace tomorrow, everyone should at least try it.

Went and bought it today. Gonna give it a bash later, will report back with my take on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Downloaded the Demo and must admit I loved it, The weapons were boring but who cares as the Magic is great. The tree of life is great for players like me who usually get killed very quickly and the teleport is great for getting away from people as you can do it so quick you can easily lose anyone that is pounding bullets into ya. Gonna go pick this up today after work for a weekend full of it.

Id advise everyone to download the shadowrun demo from the marketplace. If u like multiplayer then it would be a sin to overlook this game. The game is so much fun. It also seems to have a great community so far. Iv been playing it for a week and havnt come across any tossers (american teenagers) so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

It is fun alright say it would be a good laugh with friends It reminds me of unreal tournament not really the gameplay but more the frantic killing of each other and the fast paced style of the game

Just had my first real online game there and it was good fun alright. If you could get a few people together it with be a lot better, cos there are a lot of people crap at it and then half the good people aren't team players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

My Gamertag is Lord Spence so anyone that fanices a game add me as a friend

Advertisement